A big disclaimer upfront. Other than an ultrasound, there is NO way you can know for sure, that is 100% sure, whether you are having a boy or a girl. That is, of course, science. Contrary to this, you would have seen older ladies taking one fleeting look at you and waving their hands saying “Ah! This is definitely a boy”. And more often than not, they are right too!
10 Signs That You Might Be Having A Baby Boy
In India, it is illegal for the radiologist to disclose the gender of the unborn baby. It is also illegal for you to ask. So the gender of the child remains a big mystery until the delivery. Although ultrasound is really the ONLY way you can confirm the gender, given below are 10 symptoms that might suggest you might be having a boy. Of course, you might have none of these symptoms and yet have a boy. You might also have most of these symptoms and have a girl. That, ladies, is the way nature plays on you! So consider this only as a FUN activity, and do not go shopping for blue clothes just yet!
- You are carrying low: Most old ladies look at your tummy positioning to figure out if you are having a boy or a girl. It is believed that boys are carried low. So if your tummy is heavier towards the bottom, then well, you might be having a boy
- You do not look good: Well, not a great symptom we admit. But it is also believed that the hormones in your body end up giving you a dull and acne-prone skin, then you might be having a boy baby. So, bye bye pregnancy glow. Welcome home lil’ chap!
- You get cold feet: Well, not figuratively although that might well be the case, especially if this is your first child. We mean this literally. If you are getting cold feet quickly, that is another sign it might be a boy on the way
- Baby’s heart beats are slower: The average heart beats per minute for a child in the womb is around 140 beats per minute. Many people believe that if the hearts beats are lower than 140 that is a sign of boy baby. So next time you go for your ultrasound scan, watch out for those beats!
- You grow more hair: During pregnancy, most women tend to grow stronger hair and experience reduced hair fall. This is the result of the hormonal changes in your body. But it is believed that women carrying boys experience more hair growth than their counterparts with girl babies
- You sleep on your left: Most of us have a favorite sleeping position, and in pregnancy we also tend to sleep more, thanks to exhaustion and fatigue that pregnancy brings along. However, it is advised that you sleep on your sides during your pregnancy. If you tend to sleep on your left more, or in other words, you are more comfortable when you sleep on your left, then that is considered as a sign of baby boy
- Your hands are dry: Yes, your feet are cold and your hands are dry! If you notice that your hands are very dry – so dry that there is skin coming off and cracking – that is another sign of baby boy. That is also a signal for you to start moisturizing your hands religiously!!!
- You are more aggressive: Yes, you heard us right. The gender of your baby is apparently responsible for some hormonal discharge that can impact your personality. Do you feel bolder? Have you become more dominating lately? Get ready to paint the nursery blue
- You gain weight mostly on your tummy: Whether we like it or not, pregnancy comes with weight gain. If you are having a boy, you will notice that most of the weight gain will be concentrated towards the abdomen area (as opposed to overall body)
- You crave for savory food: Another thing that comes with pregnancy is food cravings. What kind of food you crave might be an indicator for your baby’s gender. Are you craving for sour, savory, or salty food? Then it might be a boy!
We cannot reiterate enough that gender of your baby does not matter as much as how healthy he/she is. That said, hope you have fun guessing. We can say one thing for sure. There is a 50% chance you are having a boy!