Things To Look For Before Buying The Best Baby Walker
A baby walker acts as the baby’s immediate pillar when he has just started to learn to walk. Choosing a random baby walker would harm the child’s motor skill development in the long term. So it’s always advisable to select a safe and comfortable baby walker. Several factors need to be kept in mind before you select the best baby walker.
The weight of the stroller may be a minor issue when handled by parents, but for young first-time walkers, it is a very important issue. A baby walker that is too heavy or provides too much friction on the floor is not considered to be an ideal product.
A Broad Base provides more freedom for the baby to easily move around the rooms and avoids tripping. It also avoids the baby to move through the door and restricts going near the staircases.
It is important to choose a baby walker that is non-hazardous, non-toxic and avoids non-toxic paints. The item material should also be sturdy and durable so during minor falls the item does not get easily damaged.
Additionally, look for baby walkers that come with seat belts and wheel lock-off options that would provide your baby a safe walking experience. Also look for manufacturing defects like sharp edges, or extra bit of material hanging, or any objects that may hurt the baby.
Why Should You Select The Best Baby Walker?
Some parents think why should they go for a baby walker. What is the use of a baby walker? Your question can be answered perfectly here. By giving the best baby walker to your baby you can indulge in various activities. Walkers allow continuing your daily task since the baby can engage with the toys. When buying a walker for your kid, you need to make sure it’s the right one. The following are some benefits of using a baby walker.
Parents Can Indulge In Other Activities
The most important benefit of using a baby walker is that parents can continue their daily tasks while babies are engaged with the toys on the walker. Most of the baby walkers come with toys that keep the baby entertained and occupied.
Enhancing The Sense Of Independence In Your Kids
With the support of the walker, baby can take their first precious step. Once your baby starts using a push walker or seat-to-stand baby walker, he/she can become independent. They will try to walk on their own hence their strength of walking gets increased.
A Source Of Fun And Enjoyment For Kids
As mentioned, there are various toys on the baby walker, which can help the baby to learn various things. The baby can enjoy playing with toys and can have fun while walking. This can help your child learn various things and it becomes a source of fun and enjoyment for your kid.
Things To Look For Before Buying The Best Baby Walker
Before selecting the best baby walker here are some of the things to keep in mind.
- Select a baby walker that includes automatic braking or gripping mechanism. It prevents the walker from riding over a step.
- Look for a walker that is comfortable for the baby as the weight.
- Select a walker that meets the safety standards of your region.
- It should not have sharp edges that could trap your baby’s fingers.
- Choose a stable and wide walker.
Which Baby Walker Will Suit Your Baby?
Your baby can sit, stand, and move from one place to another while using a baby walker. The selection of the best baby walker depends on the age and the skills that your baby has. Here are few types of walkers that are available in the market.
- Seated Walker – Seated baby walkers are used by the baby who can raise their heads on their own. Plastic or steel frames and fabric are used, with leg holes cut out for the legs to touch the ground. A seated walker prepares your baby to walk on its own.
- Push Walker – This is another type of baby walker that is a push walker. It can be only used by those babies who have a proper balance on them. It enhances their motor skills development. This type of walker is one of the best baby walkers when the baby gets the confidence of walking. It includes handles which your babies use to push the walker.
- Convertible Walker – When your baby is old enough to walk, a convertible baby walker can be turned into a push-walker. Most of the convertible walker includes toys and activity center. This type of walker saves parents money as they don’t need to buy another walker when the baby starts walking. The toy stations keep your child engaged.
When to Move on to a Push Baby Walker?
When your baby turns 1 they start to cruise furniture or stand by their own. Many of the babies are such that they start walking before they are 1 year old. The perfect age for using a push baby walker or any type of baby walker is 6 months to 9 years. You must consider a push baby walker when you make sure that your baby is able to maintain the balance and push anything. You can have a look at the best baby walker’s that we have reviewed in order to select the best one.
What Makes A Baby Walker Work Well
The most important feature about the baby walker is that it can allow your baby to build up the confidence of walking at the early stages. Using the best baby walker allows you to enjoy a number of features. To help you out know about the advanced features here we have mentioned them all.
- A baby walker is not an electric device. Hence there is no risk.
- It includes various music and toys to entertain the baby.
- The seat is made up of fabric that provides comfort to your baby.
- There are some toys on the front side of the baby walker that can be used when the baby does not want to walk.
- To keep the baby engaged and fascinate the toys include some sounds.
- Some of the walkers are only used to improve the skills of walking for a baby.
Safety Features While Using A Baby Walker
It is necessary for all parents to consider the precautions before they use anything for their baby. So, to help you know the precautionary steps of using the best baby walker, we have mentioned them here. So, look out for the following steps before you use a baby walker for your baby.
- You must ensure that the baby walker must be used on a flat surface.
- Keep your baby away from the staircase and any kind of water body.
- It is necessary for you or any responsible adult to remain near your baby.
- You have to remove sharp objects from the surfaces from the vicinity.
- Move the heavy objects to another area away from your baby.
- Ensure the maximum weight recommended to use the baby walker.
Common Questions Parents Ask
1. Are baby walkers good for babies?
Ans – Yes, the baby walker can be a good option for your baby as it increases motor skills, allows the parents to continue various tasks, and allows your baby to walk independently.
2. When is the right time to introduce a baby walker?
Ans – Walkers are designed primarily for babies aged between four and sixteen months. Apart from all this, it is necessary that baby is able to hold their head on their own.
3. Can I choose a walker based on my baby’s size?
Ans – Yes, weight matters while selecting the baby walker. You have to add 15 to 20 pounds to the baby’s current weight in order to get a comfortable walker.
4. What do I need to know about choosing a walker for my baby?
Ans – It is necessary to choose a stable baby walker for your baby. Baby walkers that do not meet safety standards should not be purchased. You can learn more about it from our guide to buying the best baby walker.
5. Can I put my 4-month-old baby in a walker?
Ans – Infants are placed in the walker between the ages of 4 to 5 months and can be used up to 10 months.