Factors To Consider While Buying The Best Kids Trampoline
Choosing the best kids trampoline for your backyard can be tricky. You need to know what are the important questions to be asked. So we have listed down the most important features that you must look for before you buy a kids trampoline.
Know Your Space
The first thing to consider is the space you have in your backyard. You need to permanently dedicate a part of your backyard to the trampoline. You should also place your trampoline in such a manner where you would be able to see the kids when they use the trampoline.
The Right Shape
Decide on what shape is the best for your kid. You must decide the shape before you plan the best one. In narrow backyards, rectangles and square ones are good but remember that though the round ones take up more space it provides more safety to your kid. It takes less energy while jumping so your kid can never jump very high.
It determines how many kids can use the trampoline at once. Most trampolines support up to 200 pounds and are known to be the best toddler trampoline.
Most trampolines nowadays come with high safety features. However, you must always ensure that it has a safety net made of mesh, a mat to cover up the springs and a ladder, and a powerful anchor system.
Jumping Surface Area
It is most desirable to place your trampoline on grass and soil as they tend to absorb the forces that jumpers transmit down the springs into the frame.
The materials should be strong and sturdy and durable. They must also be water-resistant so that during the rainy season you don’t need to worry about them getting rusted. The fabric must also be made of waterproof canvas that would resist harmful UV rays and keep the kid in the faded zone.
The trampoline should be resistant to all weather conditions. It must be able to withstand all local weather conditions.
A higher spring count would ensure a higher jump and the length of the spring would decide the bounce rate.
How To Install The Trampoline
Installing a trampoline is very simple; you just need to follow the guidelines mentioned in the user manual. However, for easier understanding, we have provided you with a general instruction guide.
- At first review, the materials i.e. check all the parts of the trampoline, arrange it according to their types and gather your tools.
- Start with assembling the trampoline frame. Put together the circular rings and assemble the legs. Secure the screws and bolts and double-check them. after conforming flip it over.
- Next, you need to set up the mat. To do that first set up the springs and then attach the springs evenly.
- Next, you need to put together the enclosure net. Attach the bungee loops and secure the posts attached to the secured hooks and test your trampoline.
To ensure the safety of your child using the best kids trampoline you must go through the simple procedure of installing the trampoline.
Safety Tips And Maintenance To Use The Trampoline
Buying baby gear is not an easy task, especially if it’s meant to be kept outdoors. Trampoline is one of the favorite games of babies, but it needs to have proper safety measures. Here are certain safety tips for using the best kids trampoline.
- You must check its setup by reading the manual guidelines.
- The assembling of the trampoline must be made carefully. One wrong connection can lead to serious damage.
- Weather-resistant trampoline requires very little maintenance.
- All the parts of the trampoline are not equally sturdy. So when not using it things like mat should be stored elsewhere.
- During the winter season, if you experience snowfall, you must not use the trampoline before completely removing the snow and drying it. Remember snow makes it slippery to jump.
- The springs must be thoroughly checked by parents before the kids use them.
- If coils are loose and the screws are missing, they must be immediately replaced.
- You should never allow children of different age groups to use the trampoline together.
- The recommended weight must always be maintained. Being overweight may lead to accidents.
- Children should not jump higher than the enclosed net.
- All kids below the age of 5 should use trampoline alone and that too under strict elder’s supervision.
- A wet trampoline must never be used under any circumstances.
- To avoid accidents, don’t let multiple people use the trampoline together.
- Gymnastic tricks should never be done on a trampoline.
- The enclosure should have an overlapping doorway.
Common Questions Parents Ask
1. Which trampolines are the best?
Ans – Choosing the best kids trampoline for your baby can be tricky. To know about the top 10 best trampolines you have to go through our guide.
2. How to assemble a trampoline?
Ans – Installing a trampoline is very simple; you just need to follow the guidelines mentioned in the user manual. To know more about the installation steps go through the guide.
3. How Safe is the Safety Net?
Ans – Safety nets prevent a person to fall outside the trampoline. Also cleaning the net is important because it can catch debris which can damage the net in the long run and can decrease the safety of any person using the trampoline.
4. When Should I Get My Child a Trampoline?
Ans – Kids whose age is 6+ can jump on a full-sized trampoline, but adult supervision is still necessary.
5. Are springfree trampolines better?
Ans – Springfree trampolines are more extensive than traditional trampolines. Even if it’s in your budget, then Springfree is worth buying for the first few years.