You are pregnant and soon expecting your precious little baby or you are a new mommy and you have just brought home your little bundle of joy then in both the cases as a mother you want nothing but the best for your little one. And the market knows this! This is the reason you see shops flooded with a number of different baby product brands. This leaves every parent confused. Should you go for the international brands because they are known the world over? Or should you go for the Indian brands because their products might be more localized and hence suited for the Indian babies? The final choice is yours. However, here we present some of the popular brands among various baby product brands available in India. Please remember that these are not endorsements and we are in no way associated with any of the brands mentioned below.
10 Popular Baby Product Brands In India
So here are 10 popular baby products brands available in India, in no particular order. Go ahead and read about them and choose the best baby care product for your little one:
- Mothercare: This UK-based brand is a big name when it comes to baby products, not just in India, but the world over. They have the complete range of products for babies and their mommies – starting from maternity wear to nursery furniture. Some of our favorite items among the Mothercare product ranges are their baby clothes, bath accessories, strollers and car seats and not to forget their bath and skin care range
- Johnson and Johnson: One of the popular and oldest brands trusted by mothers all across the world. It is 120 years old brand offering baby and mother care products across the globe. Their bath and skin care range include products like baby wash, soap, shampoo, hair oil, baby cream, lotion and talc. It also offers wipes, massage oils, diaper rash cream etc. Their baby care range also includes cotton ear buds and nappy pads
- Pigeon: This Japan-based brand is a household name in India. They are most famous for their nursing range – bottles, nipples and other nursing accessories. Many parents in India also swear by their cleaning and sterilizing accessories. Pigeon also has a bathing, healthcare and grooming range
- Chicco: Chicco is an Italian brand that offers a number of baby care products. Some of our favorite Chicco products are its humidifiers, dental care products and breast pump. Their baby monitors and car seats are also very popular. They are sold in exclusive showrooms and online
- Philips: That is right. Philips has a baby product range too. This Netherlands-based brand offers baby products under the brand name of Avent. They have leveraged their expertise and experience in the field of electronics to develop world class baby products such as sterilizers, bottle warmers and baby monitors. They also have an excellent feeding range consisting of plates, bowls, spoons and bottles
- Seba Med: Seba Med, a German-based baby product brand, has become very popular among Indian parents lately. In fact, Seba Med’s bath care range – consisting of tear free shampoos and mild baby wash – is what a lot of pediatricians recommend for infants. They also have baby moisturizing lotions, lip balms and massage oils
- Mee Mee: Mee Mee is an Indian brand with an extensive baby product range – they sell strollers, car seats, baby furniture, baby cream, lotions, shampoo, bath tubs, towels and wet wipes. Their travel gear, such as car seats and prams, are very popular as they offer competitive prices as compared to other leading international brands
- Himalaya: Himalaya is already a tried, tested and loved brand in India. Their baby care range is also extensive and more pocket-friendly than their international counterparts. They are also Ayurvedic – you can’t get more Indian than that. Our favorite is their bath care range of products
- Biotique: Biotique is similar to Himalaya in the sense that they started off as a brand for adults and later ventured to the baby market. They are also Ayurvedic. Their product range, however, is not as extensive. We do love some of their skin care products like baby lotions and shampoos
- OmVed: Organic is the in-thing today and a lot of people are turning to organic products. OmVed is an upcoming Indian brand whose USP is organic and natural products. Their range is limited to bath care and tee shirts. And they come with a premium price because of their organic tag
So now you may be confused as to how to choose the perfect baby product for your little princes and princesses? Talk to your friends and family and find out what has worked best for them. You do not need to limit yourself to one brand. Just because you love Pigeons feeding bottles, does not mean that you need to buy their soaps too. Mix it up a little and see what your baby (and his/her skin) responds best to.
Also do let us know if you have tried any of the brands mentioned here and which ones are your favorite products from these brands.
All the best and happy shopping !