It is an enjoyable phase for both baby and parents when the baby starts crawling and move forward towards his first step. But that feeling of joy comes along with the feeling of fear of injuries. So, it becomes a crucial time for parents, and they need to be more attentive regarding the small household things as the most innocuous household objects become a threat to your crawling baby.
Childproofing the home doesn’t mean adding few latches to the cabinet and attaching edge and corner guards. Of course, they are also important, but there are a lot more aspects you should care about. Remember, the amount of opportunities for small children to get into danger in an average home is astounding.
In this article, we are going to discuss out some measures regarding childproofing your home: path for better safety.
Things To Consider For Childproofing Your Home:
Falling is a crucial part of childhood. But these can be very harmful and a threat to your child’s health. It may cause various injuries and fractures to the soft bones of your child. Many of the time, children slip from the spilled liquid on the floor and get a bone fractured. So it becomes very important to monitor small things to protect your child from those dangerous falls.
Burns can be very painful for that toddler and can leave a mark of his painful accident for a lifetime. So, it becomes very important to consider some safety points to protect your baby from the burns.
Poisoning can be life-threatening for your child. Children have a habit of putting everything in their mouths, whether it’s edible or not. So keep sure to keep all the poisonous things away from your child.
Babies enjoy a lot while bathing. But you need to make sure that it is safe for children. According to many reports, most of the mishappenings happens with a child in the bathroom that makes them phobic and harms them in various ways.
Electric shocks can be dangerous and hazardous to your baby. Most of the time, parents leave the appliance powered on that makes a child prone to the electric shock caused due to those appliances. So it is very important to childproof your home from electrocution to provide a safe childhood to your baby.
6. Strangulation And Suffocation:
Many of the parents have a habit of leaving their child in the car while going for shopping. But believe me, it can be very dangerous for the child. Other than that, children have a habit of putting over the plastic bags on their faces that can cause suffocation and can be life-threatening for them.
7. Injuries From Guns And Knives:
Knives and guns are better to keep them at their place and out of the reach of your innocent child as he doesn’t know how dangerous it could be for him. So, never forget it near your child.
For better knowledge, here are some safety measures you can opt to make your home a safe home for your growing child.
Childproofing: A Path To Better Safety
Let’s check out some of the right ways to make everything simplified for the growing baby and relieve the parents from any kind of stress.
Burns: Baby-Proof Your Kitchen:
- Keep your child away from the hot cooking utensils.
- Make sure to cook while your child is sleeping.
- Do not keep hot tea or beverages near your child as he may spill it over him.
- After cooking, don’t forget to close the doors of the kitchen so that your child could not enter it while crawling.
- Keep away all the sharp objects like pins, knives, etc. from your child.
Household Safety: Preventing Injuries From Falling, Climbing And Grabbing:
- Avoid the spilling of water or any other liquid on the floor. If done, wipe it as fast as possible.
- Take care while your child starts crawling over the stairs and train him to do it correctly.
- While sleeping doesn’t forget to keep pillows aside your baby’s bed, so he doesn’t fall while changing the sides while sleeping.
- Don’t forget your gun around your child, and make it sure to keep it in the locked cupboard.
- Never keep your gun loaded.
- Keep a check to cover the electrical outlets with baby-safe latches.
- Make sure to remove all the chargers from plugs and power of them when not in use.
- Never leave your child inside the car.
- Keep all the threads and plastic bags away from the reach of your child.
Childproofing Your Home From Poisons:
- Keep all the medicines and cleaners at a great height.
- Keep all the insecticides, mosquito refills, and rat kills away from the reach of children.
Water Safety: Prevent Your Child From Drowning:
- Lock the doors of your bathroom so that your baby can’t reach them without your presence.
- Be attentive if you are going to a pool party with your child and ensure to make him wear the life jacket while swimming in the baby pool.
- While giving a bath to your child in the bathtub, make sure not to leave him alone and check the level of the water is not more than his chest area.
- Keep the toilet-seat lid down, put in a latch, and ask the visitors also to use it. We recommend doubling the check once the toilet is used by the visitors. Unfortunately, the toilet is just the correct height for your toddler to stick his head in. For the reason that toddler is top-heavy, he or she could fall over and not be able to get up; the water in the toilet is more than enough for drowning!!
Child Proofing The BathRoom
- Install anti-scalding devices on faucets and showerheads. This will help to prevent burning instances. Besides, adjust the water heater thermostat to 120 degrees. Remember, if a toddler gets exposed to 140-degree hot water for even a duration of 3 seconds can end up in a three-degree burn!
- Cover up unused electrical outlets in the bathroom with outlet protectors or safety caps.
- Don’t let the bathroom door shut fully. Did you know the most of the amputation cases reported in toddlers involve thumps and finger? This, more often than not, happens due to door slamming.
Wrap It Up
Following these tips, you will surely see a significant change in your baby’s security and desired growth. Not only will it bring down many unexpected dangers but also limit the work in the best way.