Pregnant women are advised the most about the do’s and don’ts from everyone around them. They are bombarded with loads of points to remember which makes it confusing for the expecting mothers to follow. Worry not as here are some easy yet important points to remember which can make your 9 months of pregnancy span safe and enjoyable.
– Visit your doctor regularly. Even if you feel slightest of changes in your regular routine or behavior or any uneasiness, always discuss it with your doctor. Go for regular checkups so that a constant watch is kept on you and your baby’s health and if any health issues are detected, then they will be treated accordingly.
– Eat healthy food rather than food with less nutritive value. Opt for good variety of foods which is rich in calcium, iron, protein, vitamin A and C. Increase fiber intake to avoid constipation. Risk of miscarriage or premature delivery can be avoided if proper nutritive food is taken. Always take good care of the diet as it is the most important factor for the healthy growth of the baby both mentally and physically.
– Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
– Take rest as much as you can. It is important for both the mother and the baby. Your body is nurturing a life and needs to rest. The more you rest, the more the baby and the body will relax. Go to bed early and take atleast 8 hours of sleep. If you are a working woman, make sure that you take short breaks after frequent intervals and relax your mind and body.
– Choose comfortable clothing and shoes. Be more concerned about your comfort zone rather than following uncomfortable fashion trends.
– Walk with ease and always watch out your steps.
– Keep yourself happy and positive. Involve yourself in activities that give you happiness and calmness. Make your surrounding positive and cheerful with soothing music, good books or anything that gives you delight.
– Take care of your hygiene. Always wash your hands after using the washroom, or handling raw meat. Unhygienic surrounding can be harmful for the baby.
– Always consult your doctor before starting or stopping the use of medication
– Pamper yourself by getting body massage, pedicure, manicure or spas. Make yourself feel special.
– Avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking. It may lead to serious health problems for the baby and may increase the risk of miscarriage, premature delivery or infant death.
– Do not stress. Stress can have harmful effects on the development of the baby’s brain. Try to stay stress free and do not think much about the stuff that worries you the most.
– Avoid using staircase and use elevators or lifts.
– Avoid raw meat, eggs, fish or vegetables, as it might contain listeria which can harm your baby.
– Avoid vigorous exercises or activities. Always consult your doctor for the exercises and physical activities you can indulge in.
– Don’t eat fish which is high in mercury.
– Avoid slippery or wet floor. Make sure that your bathroom floor is dry before you use it.
– Don’t use hot tub or sauna as high heat increases the risk of miscarriage.
– You should avoid sitting in a same position for long without any movements and empty your bladder frequently to avoid the risk of bladder infections caused by urine.
These are some general simple points which you can remember and follow it with ease. Have a happy and a safe pregnancy.