Backpacks are the most favorite accessory for the school kids, and they are available in different colors, sizes, textures, and shapes. These are not specific to age and can easily be used by all denoting their own choices, style, and are incredibly convenient to use. All kids have their preferences concerning the storage and space, and some prefer less storage space, while others need it on sides and front as well. Having more partitions allows the kids to neatly arrange the books and notebooks, pencil boxes, etc. The backpacks are preferred over shoulder bags as they are easy to carry since the weight gets distributed in proportion all over the body, but one must wear it properly.
So, it is imperative to know more about backpacks. The ways of choosing one, to know if heavy backpacks are good for school, if the kids should put the names on their bags, what is the criterion of calling a backpack as heavy, the issues that one can have due to backpacks and the best backpacks available in the market.
Kids School Back Packs
Kids are the happiest when it is time for the school to reopen as they get to buy a new bag pack, but what is ironical is that no one bag pack that will satisfy both the parent and the child. Parents look more for durability while the kid prefers style and class. Strength and durability matters, as one should be able to use it for an extended period. It should be spacious so that it can keep the books and stationery in an organized manner, stylish as the kid would love to wear and show off.
Some companies that test the backpacks regarding their durability traits like wear and tear, the strength of the strap, comfort factor, the padding feature, and its ideal weight as well, much before they manufacture it. The complete design and resistance to water are tested as well. Different backpacks with age-appropriate features are manufactured as well.
How Do I Choose A School Backpack?
Selecting a backpack for kids going to school is not easy, and it is essential to keep specific pointers in mind while choosing the backpack, especially the comfort and durability. Some of the factors to be kept in mind are as follows:
- The number of pockets and size of the bag
- The weight that is required to be carried
- Prioritize the items that must be kept.
- Fabric is an important factor-The The fabric that a backpack is made of assesses its durability, weight, etc. It is seen that synthetics last the maximum, synthetic fabrics are light to carry than a leather bag; polyester and Synthetic are resistant to water than other fabrics like cotton.
- It is important to choose zips that are double-headed.
- Style is important for kids, so they prefer a bag that is good to use and look as well.
- Prints are in fashion, and so are different colors, so one needs to see what bag they are taking. It should be such that it can go with almost any outfit.
- The trendy bags are generally made of recycled or sustainable material.
- It is good to select a bag that has padding is broad and can support the weight of the bag on one’s shoulders.
- It is ideal to choose the backpack, which has shoulder straps that can be adjusted to one’s size.
- Ideally, a bag should be two inches above the kid’s waist to avoid any back and spine ailments.
- It is preferable to select two straps than one as a single strap can lead to spine and back injuries.
- Bags with full zips make it easy to insert and extract more items.
- Bags with the top loading facility offer more space as the flap on top can easily be fastened.
- A wheeled backpack is getting momentum as it can easily be pushed than being carried and allows to carry heavyweight as well.
- It is imperative to open the bag and then see its features, which might not be visible when buying online or in snaps.
Are Heavy Backpacks Bad For Kids?
Having a wrong backpack can result in a bad posture. When carrying a heavy backpack in the wrong manner on shoulders, it can tend to injure the shoulder, spine, or the back. Having heavy weight can also make one bend towards the hips. It is also seen that people who carry heavy backpacks tend to bend forward.
Should I Put My Kids Name On Their Backpack?
Ideally, backpacks should not be more than 15-20% of the child’s inclusive weight of the body. It is also not advisable to put the name of the child on the backpack for safety issues. However, it is the right way of recognizing one’s backpack. It is also a warning sign as the predator may be able to get the child’ s name easier by the tag.
What Is Considered A Heavy Backpack For Kids?
Any full backpack should not weigh more than 20% of the total body weight of the kid. So ideally, if one weighs 30 kg, then the backpack should not be more than 6 kgs. A fully loaded hiking bag should not be exceeding 10% of the total weight of the body.
What Is The Issue Back Pack Can Pose?
From pre-primary to high school, all the kids use backpacks, which might differ in shape, size, and weight. The backpacks are made to carry only books and stationery, but it is mostly seen that one ends up carrying many other items for which it is not even meant. With time, the undue pressure from these objects results in spine problems.
Having additional weight in the backpack can even lead to wearing and tearing of the ligaments, muscles, and the joint. Sometimes the organs of the body are not able to carry this extra weight, and it starts degenerating, leading to pain and inflexibility. This degenerating effect can start spreading to other body parts as other muscles work together to outweigh the pain.
What Are The Best Backpacks For Kids?
Undermentioned choices are the ones that have been successful concerning salient features and new styles and good reviews. While selecting a backpack lookout if they have these salient features. They are as follows:
Best Value Backpack
- It has only one main section and a front pocket with adjustable and padded straps.
- It even has side pockets for water bottles and a hook on top to hang the bag.
- It is economically priced.
Best Backpack For High School And Middle School
- This is ideal for 13-18-year-old
- It is made from a fabric that is water-resistant and durable as well.
- It even has straps with padding
- It has many sections to keep oneself organized.
- This has a specially padded section for keeping laptops.
Best Backpack For Elementary School
- It is the most spacious, considering the other backpacks.
- It has a strap near the chest as well
- The fabric has been made from recycled polyester material and prevents about 18-20 water bottles from being disposed of and discarded.
- It is resistant to water.
Best Backpack For Pre-Schoolers
Skip Hop Zoo Toddler Backpack
- It is specially designed for pre-schoolers with character themes like dogs, cats, pigs, etc.
- It is small as it is designed for pre-schoolers.
- It has sections to keep the snack box and a few little items as well.
Best Backpack For College Students
- This bag is versatile and can be used by travelers, job seekers, or college students.
- It has an inbuilt USB port with a battery and charging socket as well.
- It has zippers at the back to keep any valuables.
- It is made of waterproof material as well.
Thus, we all know that backpacks are the best part of going to school, but at the same time, it is important to keep in mind, its durability, space, and style factors. Keeping in mind the above factors can help to choose from a wide variety of backpacks relevant to one’s pocket choice and taste.