Written by Pradeep
Babies are not just little bundles of joy but also a big responsibility. There are always a lot of queries and anxieties regarding the baby’s well-being in a mother’s mind. Here are some tips and guidelines on how to take care of your precious one:
1) Consulting your Pediatrician: It is very important to consult your doctor regarding any queries that you have. Be it about what to feed the baby, how to handle the baby, how to put him/her to sleep, etc. It is important that you ask your pediatrician all the relevant questions so as to avoid any discomfort or anxiety. Your pediatrician will also advise you about all the necessary vaccinations that your baby needs to get in order to improve his/her immunity.
2) Handling the baby: Since infants are very delicate ,it is very important to know about the correct way to carry them .A newborn has 279 bones, which as they grow, fuse to become 206.It is especially important for first-time mothers to take the help of their elders, doctors or nurses in carrying their baby. They can also attend training classes to know more about the same . One of the most important things is to always support a baby’s head and neck properly with your arm. Another precaution is to never shake or swing the baby in the air while playing with him/her as it can lead to internal bleeding.
3) Feeding the baby: It is of utmost relevance to make sure that you feed your baby according to what your pediatrician advises. Mothers are often confused about what, when and how to feed their babies. Babies generally signal that they are hungry by either crying or sucking their fingers and thumb. They should be fed at regular intervals of 2-3 hours. It is necessary to keep yourself updated about your babies’ weight and height to make sure that they are growing at a healthy pace. Another important thing is to make your baby burp after feeding him/her as babies can swallow air while being fed.
4) Cleanliness and Hygiene: Maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of your baby is a must in order to avoid any infections. Diapers are required to be changed on an average of 8-10 times a day so it is necessary to maintain a good stock. Also, while changing the baby’s diaper, you should first wipe the baby off with some cotton balls and warm water .Babies often get rashes because of being in diapers continuously, so it is necessary to consult your doctor about a proper anti rash ointment. A baby should not be bathed more than twice or thrice a week as over bathing may lead to drying of the baby’s skin.
5) Following your instincts: Of course, the best way to care for your baby is to follow your natural motherly instincts as God has gifted women with a natural loving and caring disposition. Also, make sure you listen to the advice of your mothers and elders as they were once mothers too and have successfully raised you in the past[blockquote style=”1″]And There Is My Little Bundle of Joy!![/blockquote]
Beans For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits and Precautions
5 Month Old Baby Sleep Schedule – Sample Schedule, Problems and Tips
Ash Gourd For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits and Precautions
Eggplant(Brinjal) For Babies – Benefits, Precautions and Side Effects
Custard Apple(Sitaphal) For Babies – When to Introduce, Health Benefits and Precautions
Chikoo (Sapota) For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits And Precautions