Post pregnancy is a period when you are occupied with several issues like your baby’s feed, your health, baby’s sleep etc. After pregnancy women are so focused on new born that sometimes they forget the scary issue they are going to face soon – a cluttered wardrobe with nothing fitting on! Suddenly when you open your closet to go to the doctor for your newborn’s vaccination, your poor husband’s bad time starts! “I have no clothes to wear, My God! What should I wear? And the pain of not fitting into your most expensive and dear dress is absolutely unbearable! On resuming work, again, you might find it difficult to fit into your chic business suits. Though you are working on weight loss, yet there will be some time till you shed it off – after all it took you nine months to put on. That’s what you say and feel while you are irritated, struggling with the wardrobe for something to wear, right??
No wonder you need a wardrobe change, and your husband will surely get the clues and you two might just plan for shopping. However, we suggest that you do not go overboard and follow these simple steps to ensure that you have a mix of old and new:
- Try everything you have in your closet.
- Categorize them into:
- Clothes which do not like and are not going to wear at all (as trend has changed, outdated or due to any reason).
- Outfits which might fit after six months – since you are on a weight loss regime.
- The ones which can be worn now – something that is from your maternity shopping.
- Also those which can be worn after some alteration.
- Once you do this, place all other clothes in some other closet, so that your wardrobe can fit some new outfits. Cluttering will only make it look bad and unorganized.
- Also if some top or kurti does not fits you but the bottom is still wearable, mix and match it with some other top. Similarly, skirts can also be worn with some other top. Next job is shop! Shop! Show your wardrobe to your hubby and get your limit exceeded for shopping!!
- If you breastfeed your baby, keep this fact in mind while choosing clothes. A comfortable nursing bra and nice underwear is a necessity. Add one more nursing bra one size larger to your current size as breast size increases when you breastfeed, in many cases. Nursing tank top in good colors is a great option. Add some bottoms with elastic and stretch. Prefer Kurtis that are easily fitted and made to be worn oversized. If you prefer wearing denims that’s fine, choose a cotton button down (it will be easier to feed your baby). Adjustable pants work best for all shapes. Cotton dresses makes you feel relaxed and look nice to wear. Do not add dull colors to your wardrobe. Bright colors keep our mood good.
- Put on some jackets and shrugs that cover your midriff and you are all set. Stretchable jeggings and loose tops also make for smart dresses. Accessorize right, pull out the scarves and that jewellery box, and make people focus on them!
- Go Black – black just works wonders, as we all know. Try monochrome effects – also blues, chocolates and navy are what you should pick.
- Frills is a no-no – no ruffles, pleats, flat pockets, cargos or anything that gives unwanted dimensions to your out. Go seam, clean and classic fits.
- Get ready to chase your toddler with comfortable pair of shoes or flats by buying comfortable footwear.
With these tips, the post-baby fat will no longer be the hurdle to a smart and chic you. These tricks will make you feel confident, and take on the world.