Loud noise can be harmful to the kids and can also obstruct their lifestyle. Ears are an important organ and prone to damage if not taken care of. A child cannot perform if there is too much loud noise and that even disturbs his power to concentrate. Under such situations, it is ideal to have earplugs for kids as it enhance performance levels.
Let us discuss the information about other facets of the earplugs.
When Should The Kids Use Ear Plugs?
Kids more than three years can use earplugs as they are soft and made with silicon-free material.
Unlike earmuffs, earplugs also come handy in different situations:
- Loud noise
- Preventing water from entering the ears
- Enhancing concentration levels
- While flying at high altitude to prevent earaches.
Types Of Earplugs And Uses
Earplugs are available in the market with a lot of variety to choose from. One can buy and use as per their needs. The range varies from no rolls, molded, to foam, etc.
Specific earplugs are available for shooting, riding, hunting, swimming, and kids.
Few varieties of earplugs are as under:
- Foam Earplugs: This variety is not too costly and offers comfort and protection to the ears. These earplugs protect the ears from travel noises while sleeping, meditation, etc.
- Mouldable Earplugs: It is best to go for this if the earplugs get stuck in the ear canal and do not offer comfort. It is advisable for swimming and sleeping as well.
- Banded Earplugs: These are ideal for blocking partial noise and even for shooting. This type of earplug gets fixed to a plastic headband and is very comfortable.
- No-Roll Foam Earplugs: This earplug helps to push the foam plugs inside the ear. It is an effective and a good choice as well.
- Electronic Earplugs: They are a great choice for shooters, hunters, musicians, teachers, etc.
Can Children Use Ear Plugs?
Children use earplugs in many circumstances. It is useful to boost kid’s concentration, to reduce unwanted noise, and while flying high.
Are Earplugs for Children Safe?
Excessive usage of earplugs results in ear infections or temporary hearing loss.
Ear infections are a result of the collection of earwax for a long time and due to the bacteria formation.
Is It Safe To Let The Kid Sleep With Earplug?
Sleeping with earplugs stops the unwanted noise and sounds from entering the ear. This results in peaceful sleep and is healthy as well.
Sleep is very important for one to be healthy. If one does not get a night of sound sleep, the other activities get hampered. It is very common for one to get disturbed due to loud noises, and if one is a light sleeper. The body takes its due course of time to return to sleep if disturbed. This can make one irritated, tired, and can even kill concentration.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Earplugs For Kids?
Earplugs do not have any harmful effects unless used for longer durations. They do have some side effects which one should be aware of. Some of them are as under:
- Regular use tends to create a build-up of earwax that can lead to hearing issues or hearing loss as well. For the clearing of wax, one can use ear drops as recommended by the doctor or get them removed by the ENT specialist.
- The excessive usage of earplugs results in ear infections. This can be due to wax accumulation or growth of the bacteria on the earplugs. This is painful if not treated on time.
Rules To Follow While Using Earplugs For Kids?
Kids can use earplugs but should be aware of its benefits and limitations. It is better to adhere to the following rules, and they are as below:
- One should know the correct process of using earplugs to avoid any side effects.
- The earplug should be narrowed with clean fingers until it fits in the ear canal.
- Keep the earlobe at a distance from the head.
- The earplug can harm the eardrum if inserted too far. It is thus best to insert it a bit to block the external sounds.
- While using the foam earplugs, hands should be above the ears till the earplug stretches to fill the ears.
- In the case of using the disposable ones, it is important to keep replacing them at regular intervals. For better usage, one can even wash them in warm soapy water and let them dry before reinserting them.
Top Earplugs For Kids
Hearing is vital for life, but due to unwanted noise or sound, it can become a painful one. Earplugs are ideal for having better concentration by breaking the unwanted noise.
No one size fits all, so it is advisable to try before buying. The kid’s ears are more sensitive than adults, so one should not compromise on the quality of earplugs.
The top qualities of earplugs for kids with specific features and price are as under:
1. HEAROS Nanos NRR 28 Noise-Canceling Foam Ear Plugs
- These are ideal for small ears, so an excellent choice for the kids.
- They are comfortable and fit in the kid’s ears
- Good for blocking music
- It is more durable than made with soft material.
- Ideal for sleeping and offers protection till 28 decibels
- Made with high quality and a great choice for kids.
Price: INR 800
2. HEAROS Ear Plugs For Kids NRR 28 Foam Earplugs
- These earplugs have a safety cord that is effective for the protection of the ear.
- These are an ideal choice for 3-12 years.
- These are soft in material and very comfortable.
- These come in orange color and hence easy to locate.
- Not advisable for sleeping or swimming.
- These are cost-effective.
- It offers protection up to 28 decibels
Price: INR 700
3. Alpine Pluggies Earplugs For Kids
- Made with high-quality material and offers protection until 30 decibels.
- It helps to prevent water from entering the kid’s ears.
- It is ideal for increasing the concentration of kids while studying.
- It is kids friendly.
- It is ideal for kids between 5-10 years of age.
- Since it is Alpine designed, it offers great comfort.
- These can be re-used and even advisable for adults who have petite ear canals.
- These are the right choice for using at the time of music.
Price: INR 2314
4. Best Swimming Earplugs For Kids
There are varieties of swimming earplugs available, and few of them are:
- Moldable Waterproof Earplugs for Kids
- These are comfortable and easy to use.
- It helps to prevent the ears from any infection.
- Ideal for all water-related activities.
- It is advisable for kids between 6-12.
- It is advisable for post surgeries as well.
- Adults use it at the time of sleep.
- It is a great choice for petite ear canals.
- It is available in one pack that has six pieces.
Price: INR 1260
5. Putty Buddies Floating Earplugs 10-Pair Pack
- Made with soft silicone material and recommended for swimming.
- They offer great comfort and one of the most in-demand.
- Medical experts recommend it. It is ideal for surfing, swimming, or bathing.
- Because of its shape and texture, the earplugs tend to stay in the ears.
- Since it is available in bright colors, it attracts the child.
Price: INR 1400
6. Mack’s Slim Fit Soft Foam Earplugs
- The most fitting earplugs for sleeping.
- It is 20% less than the regular ones, so an ideal choice for kids.
- Medical experts recommend it for hearing loss problems.
- It offers protection up to 29 decibels.
- These are a great choice while traveling or in places where the music levels are high.
- They have a good customer rating and even good for the kids who have sensitivity issues for their ears.
- One pack has 50 pieces.
Price: INR 1478
7. Hoope Reusable Sleep Earplugs Noise Reduction For Kids
- This is ideal for sleeping and can offer noise reduction until 37 NRR.
- It helps to sleep well and designed exclusively for kids
- Its shape and quality are normal.
- It comes in a pack of 3
Price: INR 1020
Thus, the child needs to have a healthy ear as many activities are dependent on it, so it the development. It is important to protect the child’s ears and ensure all safety precautions. Finally, one needs to get a review of the product and try it on before buying one.