Development of an offspring inside your body makes you feel special. However, it comes with certain hormonal and physical changes that provide you excitement, happiness along with tiredness and lethargy. Since your body is in the process of developing a baby, it has to undergo great exhaustion levels. Speedy flow of blood circulation, increased heart rate, distributed nutrition and fluid energy between the two; all lead to burnout of your energy throughout your pregnancy. It is imperative to follow a balanced diet to keep up your energy level stable.
Listed below are the top 10 energy boosting foods that can help women in pregnancy-
- Apples – One of the juicy fruits enriched with high fiber is best to boost your energy level. Fiber rich fruits like apples help in reducing constipation and stabilize blood pressure. They enhance digestive system by slowing down digestion process, thereby keeping your energy up. They also have disease-combating power
- Eggs – Even if you have heard it a thousand times over, we’d still say that eggs are protein powerhouse – with just 78 calories and 6 grams and other nutrients, eggs would help you keeping fit and happy during pregnancy
- Nuts – A healthy munch equipped with magnesium is the reason behind elevated energy in you. Delectable cashew nuts, raisins and almonds enriched with necessary nutrients sums up to a healthy package for pregnant women. Nuts are considered to be great munches for afternoon snack meal
- Salmons – Packed with Omega-3 essential fatty acids and many vitamins and minerals, essential for you as well as the growing baby inside you. Read more about eating fish
- Hummus – The delectable falafel accomplice, hummus is rich in protein, fiber, iron, vitamin C and folic acid. The blend of chickpeas, sesame seeds, lemon and olive oil is packed with imperative nutrients to back a healthy pregnancy
- Curd – Curd, enriched with protein, calcium and vitamin A and D is considered to be the healthiest choice during pregnancy. As long as it is pasteurized, it is regarded safe to consume and it can be taken with live cultures, as they are beneficial
- Lentils – Along with iron, lentils come packed with soluble fiber, along with magnesium and folate, which helps keeping your heart protected and stabilize your blood sugar. Consuming them with whole grains makes it a complete protein diet, with all the nine essential amino acids
- Broccoli – High in calcium and folic acid, broccoli is treated as a boon to combat diseases and increase the iron levels in your body. It is a good source of vitamin C that is essential both for you and your baby as it enables the body to produce collagen, a protein that helps in building connective tissues in bones, ligaments and skin
- Oatmeal– If you want to combat the 3 pm snooze desire, oatmeal topped with some nutrient rich berries will make the perfect choice to boost your energy during pregnancy. It comes packed with stress reducing vitamins B and soluble fiber, which fills you up without weighing you down along with keeping the blood sugar levels in check
- Pumpkin– Loaded with potassium, fiber and vitamin A, pumpkin helps the heart and muscles function better; aids in stabilizing blood sugar levels and boosts the immune system to keep you energized
Along with a healthy diet, it is important that you take plenty of rest and exercise a bit. Keep munching nutritious snacks. Remember, the trick is to eat little but often. Opt for protein rich foods which are ultimate energy boosters. In order to have a healthy pregnancy, it is essential for you to exercise best choice on when it comes to food for overall development of your baby and you.