If your baby has completed six months, then it’s the time to introduce your baby to solid food in addition to breastfeeding and build your baby’s taste towards healthy and yummy recipes. This Food Chart For 6 Month Old Baby will defenitely help the new mothers.
Before giving food to your baby, you need to know about which food will be perfect and healthy as the weaning food or first solid food. You will also need to know about the food to avoid, foods that may cause allergy and constipation. As we know, babies require feed after every 2-3 hours, therefore, we have come up with a list of food that can be given after fix intervals of time.
Early Morning Food
Baby’s early morning food given at around 7:00 – 7:30 am starts with breast milk or formula milk recommended by a doctor. You can also give pulse soup to start a nutritional day for your baby.
- Breast milk – Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for babies. Breast milk has all the essential nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, minerals, and fats. It also helps to protect your baby from infections and diseases.
- Pulse soup – Pulse soup is a rich source of protein, Vitamin B, zinc, iron, manganese, fibre, and low saturated fats. Soups are yummy and healthy for a six-month baby. The easiest and best way to make the pulse soup is to add pulse, filtered water, a pinch of salt and turmeric into a pressure cooker and after 3-4 whistles put off the gas.
Start the breakfast food at around 9:00 – 9:30 am. You can give porridge to your child or Cerelac. Both are a good source of fibre, carbohydrates, and protein.
- Apple Oats Porridge – It is a blend of apple and oats, prepared in the cooker and properly mashed. This food is good for digestion, helps in relieving cough, and very healthy for the growth of the baby.
- Homemade Cerelac – Homemade Cerelac is a mixture of ingredients like Ragi, bajra, wheat, corn, rice, gram, and dry fruits. This food is best to enhance stamina, weight gain and contains all the beneficial sources of nourishment.
Mid Morning Food
Mid-morning food for a six-month-old baby is given at around 11:00 – 11:30 AM. The food given at this time is good for the digestive and alimentary system.
- Rice Cereal – Rice cereal is one of the important foods given by every mother to their infant. This food is gluten-free, easy to digest, and hardly causes cases of reaction or allergy. It is one of the safest and healthiest foods for the little tummies. It also helps babies to sleep better, with a full stomach.
- Carrot juice – Carrot juice contains advantageous minerals, fibres, and good for the eyes. It is liked by infants due to its sweet taste. It has Vitamin C which aids in enhancing the immune system and also good for digestion.
Lunch For 6-Month-Old Baby
Lunch should be slightly heavier than other day meal, it is given at around 1:00-1:30 PM. Lunch should contain the essential vitamins and minerals
- Sweet Pongal – Sweet Pongal is a Tamil dish prepared with a blend of ingredients like Millet rice, jaggery, water, milk, cashews, raisins, ghee, and cardamom powder. This food has all the essential nutrients like Protein, fibre, calcium, iron, Vitamin B, Zinc, and antioxidants.
- Potato Khichdi – Potato Khichdi is rich in carbohydrates, improves digestion and helps in gaining weight.
At 4:00 -4:30 pm, you can give your child an evening food or snacks. Fruits are one of the best meals for this time. It protects your child from diseases and easily digestible.
- Apple sauce – Apple sauce is easy to prepare, delicious, and healthy for your infant. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, fibre, antioxidants, and other beneficial nutrient. According to the studies, applesauce helps prevent breast cancer and lung cancer later in life.
- Oat cereal – Oats are one of the healthiest meals which are rich in Vitamins, Minerals, and Protein. This food helps enhance the immune system and digestive system.
Dinner For 6-Month-Old Baby
The dinner of a six-month-old infant should be ideally at around 7:00 – 7:30 pm. This meal could include fruits as well as vegetables based on your baby’s taste preferences.
- Chickoo puree – Chickoo puree has numerous health benefits. It prevents constipation, it is rich in vitamin A and C. It works as a homemade remedy for cold & cough. It improves the immune system of babies. Chickoo puree is a mixture of well-mashed chickoo blend with a small quantity of breastmilk or formula milk.
- Orange juice – Orange is rich in nutrients and improves the digestive system. It helps in preventing rickets caused due to the deficiency of calcium and phosphate. It is also beneficial for curing diseases like mumps and parotitis.
Finally, at around 9:00 – 10:00 PM, you can again give your baby breastfeeding, so that the baby easily falls asleep in the warmth of your arms.
Is this Food Chart For 6 Month Old Baby helpful? Did you feed your baby in a similar way? If no, then start following this food chart to make your infant active, healthy and boost her immunity against unwanted diseases.