The birth of the baby changes the entire outlook of the parents. Their entire life becomes a whirlwind due to the many changes that take place in their lives. The parents leave no stone unturned to offer comfort to the baby. In the present times though, one must decide is the usage of an air conditioner or a cooler is safe for the baby.
Generally, doctors believe air conditioners are advisable for new born as new-born babies are not able to adjust their body temperatures like adults can. This makes them prone to be infected with heat-related diseases like dehydration, heat strokes, rashes etc. It has also been found out that a room that is properly cooled and has suitable ventilation allows the baby to sleep comfortably and peacefully and even avoids the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). While a room that is too cool can lower down the body temperature of the baby and make him too cold.
It is thus important to know how to keep the baby safe and comfortable while using air-conditioner.
Air Conditioner for Your Baby ?
To keep the atmosphere clean, and offer pure and air free of allergens, one needs to use AC. It is highly recommended that the parents use AC so that the baby does not have to be in a hot humid and airless place. Given below are some of the pointers that can help in making the decision using an AC.
- One can to regulate and maintain the temperature with the help of an air-conditioner.
- It is advisable to use air conditioners while it is more humid especially the monsoon months.
- Humidity can be controlled or removed by air conditioners.
- The present set of air conditioning system offers clean and pure air for the baby.
Pointers To Keep Your Baby Comfortable And Safe While Using Air Conditioner:
- Maintain A Comfortable Room Temperature- It is extremely important to ensure that a comfortable room temperature is maintained while using air conditioners as any extreme temperature conditions could be detrimental for the baby’s health. If you are using AC, it is important to set a timer for the time that is required to make the room cool. In case the AC does not have any inbuilt timer for the same, one can even use an alarm clock as a reminder.
- Keep Your Baby Away From The Direct Blast Of Cold Air From The AC: It is not advisable for the baby to get any direct air blast from AC. It is important to keep the baby covered in a light layer of clothes covering especially the arms and the legs as it leads in the protection of the baby from cold air. One can even use a light cap to cover the head and socks or booties for covering the feet. It is also advisable to use a plain warm blanket but avoid covering the face. The baby needs to be dressed up only a layer more than the adults so that it is not overdressed or under dressed as both can lead to health issues.
- Keep Your Baby Well Moisturized As Using An AC May Dry Up His Skin- Persistent usage of air conditioners can lead to dryness in the room. This it is ideal to use a bowl of water in the room. One can even apply little oil around the baby’s nose to prevent dryness in the nasal passage or even nosebleeds though it is best to consult a medical practitioner prior to that.
- Don’t Take Your Baby To A Warm Place Immediately After Leaving An Air-Conditioned Room-In case the baby stays in an air-conditioned environment for too long, exposing him to extreme temperatures might not be a good option. It is advisable to always switch off the air conditioner and bring the temperature to normal prior to exposing the baby to any temperature fluctuations. This is important as sudden temperature fluctuations can make the baby sick.
- Get Your AC Regularly Serviced For Clean And Efficient Cooling- This is the most important point to remember while using Air-conditioner for the newborns. While using air conditioners or coolers for the baby, it is important to ensure that they are properly cleaned and serviced regularly. Doing this offers pure air for the baby to breathe through and even guarantees effective function of the equipment as well. It is thus important to get AC or cooler serviced from time to time for effective cooling and proper usage.
3M Electrostatic air conditioner filters:
Indoor air is 5 times more polluted than the air outside and is a serious concern worldwide.To combat this, 3M brings to you a very innovative solution, Electrostatic Air Conditioner Filters.
The installation of Electrostatic Air Conditioner Filter not only save expenditure on separate air filters but also purifies & occupies no additional space at home. On a safety side, the Electrostatic Air Conditioner are critical for babies, toddlers, young children, the elderly, and people suffering from respiratory infections, to have clean air inside the home.
Key Features of Electrostatic Air Conditioner Filter:
- It pulls micro particles in, traps unwanted particles and delivers clean air throughout the home.
- Easy to use: Fits into the existing split AC. Allows your Air Conditioner to simultaneously clean and cool the air.
- Designed with Filtrete Filter media which is less than 15% fibre, allowing it to clean your air while maintaining optimal air flow.
- Highly affordable compared to other carbon and HEPA filters and devices.