Come winter and dry skin awaits you. Though winters are generally harsh for babies, first winter can be particularly tough on baby’s delicate skin. It is that time of the year when your baby needs that little extra care. Keeping baby’s skin soft is a big challenge for lot of moms, however, we have simplified the task and compiled 10 tips that will help you keep your little ones skin baby soft even in winters.
Here are tips for keeping baby’s skin moisturized in this season’s chilly winds and low temperatures.
10 Tips To Keep Your Baby’s Skin Moisturized In Winters
- Coconut oil: We have been bought up massaging with coconut oil. Of course, times have changed and there is lots of baby oil available in the market these days like but nothing beats coconut oil, when it comes to massage and moisturize baby’s skin. The other alternative is to mix a teaspoon of coconut oil to warm bathing water. This locks the moisture
- Almond oil / sesame oil: Many mothers love to massage their baby with almond oil or sesame oil as they consider it healthy. Sesame oil gives warmth in the winter
- Mustard oil: In some part of the country, mothers use mustard oil to massage, as they believe mustard oil is hot so baby stays warm.Read more about massaging a baby here
Do not let winter take a toll on your baby’s skin. A little care and precaution will make winter days go fast. If you notice any dry patch on the baby’s body, take advice from dermatologist.
Taking Care Of The Baby In Winters
- Take your baby out for walk when it is sunny. Babies require little amount of sun shine for their bones
- Never keep any woolen clothing next to baby’s skin
- Always keep your baby’s feet warm. Cover them with socks
- Disinfect your little one’s cloth separately
- Sometimes dry skin leads to eczema. Consult your pediatrician and apply ointment at regular intervals. You can read more about baby eczema here
When you do laundry, never mix baby clothes with that of adults. Always use mild detergent formulated for baby to wash his clothes. Sometimes strong detergents may irritate baby’s sensitive skin and cause rashes. Winters are time to enjoy with family. Enjoy your inside time with baby during winters.