Technology can be a blessing for humankind if it is harnessed in the right way. However, it is a dark side that can harm humankind as well. Mobile phones are one of the most widely used electronic devices at the moment. A child can learn a lot by using a mobile phone and browsing the internet. But, the negative impact of mobiles on children is quite evident. The reason for this is a child does not know what is right or wrong for him or her. So, it is easier to mislead a child through the internet and mobile.
But, as a parent, you have to take control of the situation. You have to make sure your child is using the mobile phone the right way. Preventing your child from using smartphones is not a logical solution. You will be preventing your child from the learning he or she can have through the smartphone as well by doing so. One solution for you to tackle this situation is using Samsung Kids Mode on your mobile or tablet devices. Here is everything you need to understand about Samsung Kids Mode.
What Is Samsung Kids Mode
Kids mode in Samsung devices is made for children’s use. As a parent, you will be concerned about your child using your phone. Various types of contents available over the internet and a majority of them are not suitable for a child’s viewing. You would want to prevent your child from watching such content. The main idea of creating a separate child-friendly mode was based on preventing children from using the normal mode of the phone that adults use. Using kids mode makes your phone safer for your kid to play with. You have to download separate apps that will show up on the home screen of the Kids mode on your phone. If you don’t want your child to witness contents inappropriate for his or her age, then Samsun Kids Mode is an option you can rely on. Samsung Kids also comes pre-installed on select tablets.
What Are The Key Features Of Samsung Kids Mode
Here are some of the key features of using Samsung Kids Mode on your smart device.
- Create Daily Playtime: You can set daily playtime for your kids. It will help you take control of the mobile use of your child. You can create a separate playtime for weekends and weekdays. So, your child will have no scope for complaint.
- Track Activity: It is important to track the activity your child is doing with the phone. Once you start using Kids mode on your phone, you will be able to track which apps your child is using for how long.
- Daily Usage Time: In Samsung Kids Mode, you get to create 6 profiles. You will be able to check the usage timings of your child with all the different profiles along with the date and day.
- Only Allowed Contents: When you switch on Samsung Kids Mode on your device, you will only allow the contents that you want to appear on the mobile screen. In this way, your child’s playtime with the mobile will be safe.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Kids Mode?
By using Samsung Kids Mode when your child uses your mobile, you will be able to find these below-mentioned benefits:
- Safety For Your Child: You can find various types of contents on the internet. Not all of those contents are suitable for your child to watch. By enabling Kids Mode, you will allow only those contents which are suitable for your child to watch. You also have control over what your children do without looking over their shoulders.
- Know What Your Child Is Up To: As a parent, you have to be vigilant. You need to know what your child is doing with the mobile. With Kids Mode, you will be able to check which apps your child is using for what amount of time easily.
- Make Your Phone Suitable For Your Kid’s Use: Parents need to make their phones suitable for their children’s use before handing it over to them. As you use Kids Mode on your phone, you can do that very effectively.
How Do You Put Samsung In Kids Mode?
It is very easy to put your Samsung device in Kids Mode. Here are some of the steps you need to follow to do that easily:
- First, you have to pull down your phone’s notification bar.
- Next, you have to slide to the left side of the notification bar.
- You will find an icon for Kids Home. You have to tap on it to start the setup.
- A “Start” button will appear in your screen. You need to tap it and the download will begin.
- After the download is finished, you have to tap “Next”.
- Now, you will have to set a PIN to access Kids Mode. A child cannot go out of the Kids Mode without knowing it. The default Kids Mode PIN will be 0000.
- After setting the PIN, you will get to see the home screen of Samsung Kids Mode.
- Initially, you need to download each app you want your child to see on the home screen of Kids Mode.
Finally, you need to make sure that the negativity of the internet does not harm your child. Kids Mode is that shield which will protect your child from the harmful effects of the internet. Your child will be able to use the smart devices smartly to boost his or her learning. Therefore, using Samsung Kids Mode is a great option if you want your child to grow, learn, and play with your mobile safely.