Once you are a parent, your baby’s growth and healthy nurturing become a major part of your life. You do a lot of research figuring out what is best and which oil can be used for your baby. Oils that you use for babies should be very pure and should contain the best ingredients. Figaro extra virgin olive oil is the best for both baby massage and their diet. It helps the baby’s skin stay rash-free and hydrated. Massaging builds a beautiful bond between the baby and the parent.
Figaro extra virgin olive oil is full of good fats and major vitamins that are very much essential for a healthy life. There is another fact that can amaze you, Extra Virgin Olive oil contains the same ingredients as breast milk. You can also add this olive oil to your baby’s diet. Figaro extra virgin olive oil is 100% pure, unadulterated, and contains monounsaturated fats(oleic acid), vitamin E, and K which are very beneficial for the healthy growth of a baby.
In This Article
Types of Figaro Olive Oil
Figaro olive oil Comes in two Categories:
1. Olive Oil
An oil that is extracted from olive fruits is called olive oil. Some techniques differ in separating normal olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
- A centrifuge is helps separate oil from the olives.
- This oil then undergoes chemical and heat treatments for better shelf life.
- Normal olive oil is not as pure as extra virgin olive oil.
- It is also known as pomace oil.
2. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Extra virgin olive oil is the purest form of olive oil.
- It does not undergo any chemical treatments and heat exposures.
- This is a cold-pressed oil, with a better smell, taste, and quality than virgin olive oil and normal olive oil.
List of 11 Amazing Benefits of Figaro Olive Oil For Babies
Figaro olive oil offers several health benefits for babies, such as
- It is an excellent laxative. It helps the baby to overcome constipation.
- Figaro extra virgin olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin K and E help in the baby’s brain development and reduce the risk of any neurological disorders that come with aging.
- Figaro olive oil acts as an excellent moisturizer. It repairs damaged skin and helps rejuvenate the skin.
- Figaro extra virgin olive also helps treat diaper rashes in babies.
1. Olive Oil Benefits For Constipation
- Olive Oil as a Laxative: Babies with colic and constipation need a good tummy massage. This will help their system relax and promote good bowel movements. Figaro Extra virgin olive oil can be used as a laxative for babies. Take a small portion of olive oil and mix it with water. Rub the emulsion on your hands and apply it around the belly in circular motions. Be gentle while massaging. This can help the baby overcome colic and constipation. A quick talk with your doctor before taking this step is always a better idea.
[Read : Tips On Massaging A Baby]
2. Olive Oil Benefits as a Food
- For Babies Growing Years: As we know, Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. It also contains a natural phenolic compound called polyphenol. This polyphenol plays a vital role and helps avoid cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin K reduces the risks of blood pressure. The antioxidants present in Extra Virgin Olive oil help in avoiding diseases like cancer.
- For Baby’s Brain Development: Monounsaturated fats or the good fats and Vitamin K present in extra virgin olive oil are very important for a baby’s brain development. They help in building good memory power. They also help in avoiding neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease that can occur with age. Vitamin K plays a vital role in strengthening bones.
3. Olive Oil Weight Gain Benefits
- Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil Helps With a Healthy Weight Gain: Figaro olive oil uses are many and one of them again is a healthy weight gain for babies. Worried about your baby’s underweight? Try including Figaro’s extra virgin olive oil in his/her diet. The omega-3 fatty acids and the essential vitamins present in this extra virgin olive oil help the baby gain healthy weight. Consider talking with your doctor before doing so. However, it is not suggested to include Extra Virgin Olive Oil for babies below 0-6 months.
4. Figaro Olive Oil Benefits For Baby Skin
- Olive oil for baby massage is very helpful in building healthy skin cells and promoting hair and nail growth. It also helps in keeping your baby’s skin soft and supple.
- Extra virgin olive oil helps in moisturizing your baby’s skin.
- Make an emulsion of olive oil with water or any essential oil. Massage your baby gently. Apply all over the body, and after leaving it to absorb, give your baby a good bath.
[Read : Benefits of Using Olive Oil For Baby Massage]
5. Olive Oil For Baby Massage in Winter
- Winters come carrying the dryness. Olive oil for baby massage in winters can help babies stay away from dryness.
- Do not use extra virgin olive oil in large amounts as the oleic acid can cause skin rashes by breaking the natural barriers of skin.
- Talk to your doctor before using any new product on your baby.
6. For Treating Diaper Rashes
- Diaper rashes can make babies go fussy and cranky. Figaro olive oil is the best olive oil for baby massage. Make an emulsion, and apply gently at the place of the rash.
- Olive oil also repairs damaged skin and rejuvenates it, making it look shiny and hydrated.
- It also acts as a natural lip balm. Apply a small amount of olive oil on chapped lips, leave it overnight.
7. Figaro Olive Oil for Skin Whitening
- Olive oil for skin whitening for babies is not an appropriate remedy, as the baby inherits the skin tone of their parents.
- Applying olive oil increases blood circulation making the skin look more healthy and toned.
8. Figaro Olive Oil For Hair
Gently massaging your baby’s head with extra virgin olive oil regularly can improve hair texture. Vitamin E is the key ingredient that is important for healthy hair.
How to Use Figaro Olive Oil For Hair?
- Take the required amount of olive oil and mix it with any essential oil.
- Gently apply and massage on the baby’s scalp.
- It will help them relax and might also induce good sleep.
- Leave it for some time and wash it off with lukewarm water.
9. Figaro Olive Oil Benefits For the Face
- Vitamin E and Vitamin K are the major ingredients in Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Using Figaro olive oil for face massage helps boost collagen.
- It promotes a healthy skin tone.
10. Figaro Olive Oil For Cradle Caps
- Extra virgin olive oil works wonders for cradle caps in babies.
- Applying a small amount of it will loosen the scales formed due to the cradle cap.
- If the cradle cap is too stubborn, you can also gently remove them after washing it off with lukewarm water.
[Read : Cradle Cap In Babies]
11. Figaro Olive Oil For Cold and Cough
- Take a small amount of olive oil and mix it with eucalyptus oil.
- Rub it on your baby’s back and chest.
- This will help them relax and can induce sleep.
Figaro extra virgin olive oil for babies has many uses and benefits. You can use it to treat rashes and dry skin, but do not make it a habit. Oleic acid that is present in this extra virgin olive oil has the property of opening up the pores of the skin. Do not use it for babies with eczema and dry skin. Oleic acid can damage the natural barriers of the skin. Every baby is different, it is always better to talk to your doctor before using any new product on your baby.
Figaro Extra Virgin olive oil offers many health benefits for babies. From healthy growth to treating cradle caps. Read the article to know more.
1. Is Figaro Olive Oil Good For Babies?
Yes, make sure to use it in controlled portions. Take the suggestion of your doctor before doing so.
2. Is Olive Oil Good For Skin Whitening in Babies?
Applying or massaging olive oil may not change the color of skin. It will increase blood circulation and help rebuild damaged cells. By this, the skin looks healthier.
3. Can We Use Figaro Olive Oil in Baby Food?
Extra virgin olive oil has almost the same ingredients that breast milk contains. You can include this in your baby’s diet. Talking to your doctor before doing so might help.
4. Is Olive Oil Good For Baby’s Hair?
Extra virgin olive oil stimulates healthy hair growth in babies.
Read Also: Top 10 Benefits of Olive Oil for Baby’s Hair