If you have begun feeding solids to your little one and have introduced finger foods to him, do not worry yourself out wondering what to feed your baby. We present below a list of top 10 finger foods recipes that can be given to the baby once he is around an year old:
- Fruit Salad: Make your little one enjoy various colors and textures by serving him a fruit salad consisting of chunks of bananas, mangoes, peaches, avocadoes and sweet potatoes.
- Boiled and Mildly Salted Lentils: Traditionally, moong dal will do the ruling – boiled and somewhat mashed with a little salt is the baby’s protein powerhouse. Let him relish the recipe.
- Veggie Surprise: Wash, peel and cut carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower into small and thin pieces; boil and then blanch by adding a bit of salt and pepper.
- The Must Have: Khichdi: All of us have grown by eating khichdi, and it still remains one of the best baby foods once he is 8-9 months old. Make it more mash-able and put in less masalas – only a bit of salt is enough.
- Small chunks of Tofu and Paneer: Our dear paneer is again packed with lots of goodies, you can fry it a little before letting your toddler feed on it. Make sure the paneer is fresh and soft.
- Chunks of Idli: With the goodness of rice, small and soft chunks of idlis are also a big hit with toddlers. They essentially enjoy the texture of idlis.
- Semolina or Suji Kheer: Again, the desi way to feed, semolina is known for its easy digestion. With the goodness of milk, it makes up for a healthy snack for a baby.
- Dal Soup: Again, moong dal with carrots and peas boiled with a hint of turmeric and salt to a mash-able consistency and then running it in the blender is a healthy recipe for your toddler.
- Peas: Boiled and salted peas looking vibrant and all green are surely going to appeal to your little one’s appetite.
- Shredded, Boiled Chicken Pieces: If you must, then shredded and boiled chicken, with a hint of salt can also be given to the baby – protein rich meal.
Do follow the guide on solid feeding and finger foods on our website!