Every woman dreams of witnessing the positive sign on the pregnancy test. But they are clueless about the symptoms and the foods to have. Here you get to know complete care and symptoms of your first-month pregnancy. Recognizing The First Month Pregnancy Signs help yourself for a grand and good start of pregnancy.
What Are The 15 Common First Month Pregnancy Signs?
- Fatigue: The hike in the progesterone levels also wants you to sleep. So, you feel so tired, always.
- Mood Swings: Estrogen and progesterone hormonal imbalances result in mood swings.
- Cramps: Women might experience cramps and discomfort in the first month.
- Spotting: Bleeding is possible when blastocyst starts implanting into the endometrium, which is a lining of the uterus. All these slight trigger bleeding. Address your concern to doctors if bleeding persists.
- Missed Periods: If you have a doubt of pregnancy and experiencing missed periods, go for the pregnancy check after the completion of a week.
- Problems of Acne: Most women develop acne. They also have that blush on the face because of the increase in blood flow in the body.
- Heartburn: Acidity/heartburn is also increasing with an imbalance in hormones. The valve amidst the stomach and esophagus relaxes, causing acid leaks.
- Weight gain: Increase in weight is something that bothers most women. But this is inevitable and admired for the growth of the fetus.
- Smell Sensitivity: Vomiting and smell sensitivity are the common prevailing symptoms in the first month.
- Blood Pressure Varies: The dilation in blood vessels causes dizziness. The blood pressure also alters in these cases.
- Bloating: Blame the hormonal changes for the slower digestive system. Constipation is another trouble in the first trimester.
- Frequent Urination: The body pumps more blood during pregnancy, which leads to a full bladder.
- Increase in Body Temperature: If you are pregnant and doing exercise or in hot weather, there are chances of the rise in basal body temperature. Ensure you are taking more water.
- Heart Rate: The heart rate of pregnant women increases initially due to changes in hormones. Palpitations are also frequent. Consult your doctor to alter the dosage of drugs.
- Aching Breasts: Blame the hormones for the swollen and painful breasts. With the course of pregnancy, you might feel ease as the body adjusts to the hormones.
But these symptoms vary from person to person. So, don’t bother if you are not having any of these, and you are still pregnant.
How Soon Can You Get Pregnancy Signs?
There are pregnancy tests that are reliable from day one. One of the First Month Pregnancy Signs is missed periods. At the same time, there are tests that are trustworthy post to 5 days of your missed period.
What Are The Pregnancy Signs Which Need Medical Attention?
- Spotting: To some extent, spotting is normal, but bleeding is a symptom of miscarriage. Seek the advice of a doctor if you have the discomfort of cramps or abdominal pain. An ectopic pregnancy occurs with a fertilized egg outside the uterus. So, don’t wait for long and seek medical help in the case of vaginal bleeding.
- Excessive Vomiting: While nausea is common in the first month of pregnancy, get doctor help if you are severely dehydrated.
- Infectious Fever: Fever beyond 101 degrees results due to infection.
Care For The First Month Of Pregnancy:
- The vital thing to take care of during pregnancy is to take ample rest.
- If you have the habit of smoking, this is high time to quit.
- Get ready to fight the pregnancy blooms.
- Don’t take more caffeine to deal with the stress.
- Do remember to take your supplements.
- Think before you choose countertop medicine. Ask for expert advice for any health concerns before popping a pill.
- Please speak to your doctor and get their advice.
Food To Include And Avoid During The First Month Of Pregnancy
Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy
Certain foods cause more harm than nourishing the fetus.
- Raw eggs, meat, fish that are uncooked or not adequately cooked are useful to avoid.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables
- Stay away from high mercury fish.
- Avoid taking unpasteurized dairy products as they have toxoplasmosis.
- The liver or foods containing higher vitamin A. vitamin A causes harm to the baby.
- Alcohol and high amounts of caffeine are not suitable for the baby. As well as prefer appropriately cooked food to avoid discomfort.
Foods To Include During Pregnancy
The best foods to take while you are pregnant are as follows.
- Take fruits like muskmelon, banana oranges, apples, and seasonal fruits. All these fruits contain antioxidants to strengthen your body and to nourish the growth of the baby.
- Include whole grains as they are a rich source of fiber, carbs, and vitamin B-complex. Try making different recipes with brown rice buckwheat, oatmeal, and millets.
- Have well-cooked poultry and eggs, which are useful in vitamin A, B2, B5, B6, E, K, and D. They are natural supplements of calcium, zinc, and selenium.
- Folate-rich foods are essential for pregnant women right from the first month. Folic acid is well known to reduce congenital disabilities and helps in developing the baby’s brain and spinal cord. All the citrus foods, lentils, beans, and rice are folate-rich.
What Happens To The Fetus During The Month One Of Pregnancy?
As per the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the fetus will be the size of a pea. All the following body parts start developing gradually from the first month of pregnancy.
- Spinal cord
Let’s Wrap It Up
If you are willing to get pregnant, ensure to get the test done after one week of your missed period. Women experience different symptoms in the first month of pregnancy. Tiredness and vomiting are quite common in most of them. Ensure you take healthy food while you are pregnant right from month one. Avoid the food that causes harm to baby growth.