The arrival of a newborn into a mother’s life is a whole new experience. From taking care of the baby’s health to its essential items to be used for its bath, massage, and maintaining its overall hygiene, everything should be the best. For the delicate and extra-sensitive skin of the baby, it is crucial to make use of only high-quality products. It is essential to make use of top-class herbal products so that the baby’s skin gets the utmost care. Continue reading to clear your doubts.
Why Do Babies Need Special Skin Care?
A baby’s skin is softer and thinner than the adult skin. Therefore, you should be very cautious while applying anything topically, because it can quickly get into the bloodstream through the porous skin surface. As melanin production is not regulated in their skin, babies are prone to sunburn. Never use steroid creams or any formulas that contain parabens or antibiotics, if not prescribed by the doctor. You also need to ensure proper hydration because the level of moisture in the baby’s skin is relatively low.
What Are The Ingredients Recommended To Have In Baby Skin Products?
Always choose baby products devoid of fragrances, minerals, oils, and parabens. Opt for a product that has chamomile, oatmeal, coconut oil, vitamin E, calendula, shea butter, and almond oil.
Herbal Products For Baby’s Skin Care
Herbal products come in a variety of brand names. However, Himalaya is the oldest and the most trusted one that as its ingredients are natural and safe for the baby’s skin and free from any preservatives. That means the baby will not feel any irritation or rashes owing to the hypoallergenic attributes of the Himalaya products.
Given below is a complete list of Himalaya’s baby care products that will not only be useful for the nourishment of its skin but also help in providing a gentle experience to its body:
1.Himalaya Baby Cream
Himalaya baby cream is a special product that is enriched with Olive oil and vitamin E for enhancing the baby’s soft skin and providing an improved luster. Mothers around the world widely accept it due to the presence of Country mallow and licorice that help in safeguarding the skin from any swelling, redness, or itchiness. Applying it gently over the baby’s face and arms after the bath is the safe way to use it.
Key Ingredients: Olive Oil, Country Mallow, and Licorice
- Specially formulated to soothe and protect baby’s dry skin
- Effective for dry and scaly skin
- Free from Parabens, Mineral Oil, and Synthetic Colors
Directions For Use: After bathing, apply on delicate areas of the baby’s body like the face, knees, and elbows. Avoid the area around the eyes.
Sizes Available: 50ml, 100ml and 200ml.
Cost: 65 Rs, 121 Rs, 225 Rs respectively
2. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil
A regular application of Himalaya’s baby massage oil will not only enhance the baby’s growth but also improves the skin of the little one. This non-staining oil has a mild soothing effect on a baby’s body.
Key Ingredients: Olive Oil and Winter Cherry extract
- Enhance the growth and development of the baby
- Vegetable-based massage oil
- Free from Mineral Oil and Lanolin
- Being light and non-staining, it can be used both as a massage oil before bath and moisturizer after the bath.
Directions For Use: Massage your baby with baby massage oil, preferably half an hour before the bath time. You can also apply it lightly after the bath in case your baby is experiencing dry skin.
Pack Size Available: 50ml, 100ml, 200ml, 500ml.
Cost: 56 Rs, 88 Rs, 158 Rs, 326 Rs respectively
3. Himalaya Baby Lotion
Himalaya baby lotion is a nourishing skin lotion that comprises antimicrobial attributes to impart a soothing effect on the baby’s skin after a baby bath. Almond oil present in the baby’s skin acts as an outstanding moisturizer so that the baby’s skin maintains its softness. It also comes with Vitamin A that combats all types of infections and stimulates the growth of the bones.
Key Ingredients: Licorice, Almond oil, and Olive oil
- Free from Parabens, Mineral Oil, and Synthetic Colors
- Protects baby’s skin from infection
- Keep baby’s skin soft and supple all day long
- It is clinically proven that Himalaya baby lotion is mild and gentle enough even for newborn babies
Directions For Use: Apply Baby Lotion liberally on the baby’s body after bathing.
Pack Size Available: 100 ml, 200 ml, and 400 ml
Cost: 80 Rs, 140 Rs, 240 Rs respectively
4. Himalaya Nourishing Baby Soap
Owing to the benefits provided by Sunflower oil, which has ample amount of Vitamins A, C, D, and E, Himalaya’s nourishing baby soap is responsible for gently clean the baby’s skin without causing any rashes or skin inflammations. It also includes honey, milk, and castor oil that are well-known for their application on the baby’s skin.
Key Ingredients: Honey, Sunflower, Milk, and Castor oil
- Free from Parabens, SLS/SLES, and Synthetic colors
- Honey and sunflower in this soap help to retain moisture in the skin
- Milk in this soap cleanses, nourishes, and moisturizes baby’s skin to make it soft and supple.
- Castor Oil in this soap helps reduce itching, rashes, and skin inflammation.
Directions For Use: Wet baby’s face and body. Apply Nourishing Baby Soap generously, gently working up a lather. Rinse thoroughly.
Pack Size Available: 75 g, 100 g & 125 g
Cost: 42 Rs, 55 Rs, and 60 Rs respectively
5. Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath
Himalaya’s Gentle Baby bath accompanies the benefits of Fenugreek, green gram, and chickpea. These will properly cleanse the baby’s skin and help in keeping it hydrated for long. It also keeps several skin diseases and dandruff away. Using this regularly using a sponge or lather, helps in keeping the baby’s skin soft and supple.
Key Ingredients: Chickpea, Green Gram, and Fenugreek
- The soap-free formula to gently cleanse the newborn’s skin
- Removes dirt gently, without causing any irritation
- A soothing cleanser for baby’s delicate skin
- For mild and gentle bath from the first day
- Nourishes and conditions hair.
- Retain and moisturize the skin.
Directions For Use: Pour Gentle Baby Bath onto a wet sponge or hands and apply it to the baby’s skin. Lather, rinse, and repeat, if necessary.
Pack Size Available: 100 ml and 200 ml
Cost: Rs 70 and 130 respectively
6. Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo
Himalaya’s renowned ‘No Tears Shampoo’ is an amalgamation of vital extracts of hibiscus, khus-grass, and chickpea. It help in keeping the baby’s hair smell fresh and remain well-nourished.
Key Ingredients: Chickpea, Hibiscus, and Khus Grass
- Himalaya’s Gentle Baby Shampoo formulation is a mild, “no tears” shampoo.
- Cleanses, conditions, soften, moisturize, and nourishes hair
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties of the khus grass in this shampoo gives a cooling effect to the baby’s scalp
Directions For Use: Wet baby’s hair and apply Gentle Baby Shampoo. Lather, rinse well, and repeat if required.
Pack Size Available: 100ml, 200ml and 400ml.
Cost: 79 Rs, 149 Rs, 260 Rs respectively
7. Himalaya Extra Moisturizing Baby Soap
Himalaya’s Extra Moisturizing Baby Soap is designed to manage infantile xerosis or excessively dry skin in babies effectively. Ideal for use during the winter.
Key Ingredients: Indian Aloe, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, and Milk
- Beneficial for babies with excessively dry skin
- Helps to improve the skin texture
- Free from artificial color and chemicals
Directions For Use: Wet baby’s face and body. Apply Extra Moisturizing Baby Soap generously, gently working up a lather. Rinse thoroughly.
Pack Size Available: 75 g, 100 g & 125 g
Cost: Rs 42, Rs 55, Rs 60 respectively
8. Himalaya Baby Powder
Himalaya baby powder is a unique product that helps in healing the dryness through its natural ingredients like Olive oil, Natural zinc, Khus-khus, and almond oil. All these ingredients are known for their anti-stringent, antibacterial, and anti-perspiring and antiseptic properties. Applying it gently over the delicate areas will surely bring desired results.
Key Ingredients: Olive oil, Almond oil, Khus-grass, and Natural Zinc
- Himalaya’s Baby Powder eliminates dryness and keeps the baby’s skin cool and comfortable.
- Nourishes protect and soften skin and prevent chafing.
- Helps manage excess sweating and body odor
- The powder containing herbal actives
- Effective and safe
- Free from Parabens, Phthalates, and Synthetic Colors
Directions For Use: After bathing baby, apply Baby Powder to delicate areas of the body like face, knees, and elbows. Avoid the area around the eyes
Pack Size Available: 50 g, 100 g, 200 g, and 400 g
Cost: Rs 35, Rs 63, Rs 117, Rs 176 respectively
9. Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
If your little one suffers from rashes due to prolonged use of diapers, Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream is highly effective in curing these rashes and imparting a soothing effect over the irritated skin. It comes with aloe vera and natural zinc that has antimicrobial and astringent properties to eliminate rashes from the baby’s body positively. The elements taken from a Five-leaved chaste tree are helpful in faster recovery from sores and treat skin infections in a mild way.
Key Ingredients: Yashad Bhasma, Aloe Vera, Almond Oil, and Five-Leaved Chaste
- Promotes effective healing of diaper rash
- Reduces skin inflammation
- Soothes red and irritated skin naturally
- Forms a protective layer on baby
- Keeps baby’s skin soft and comfortable
Directions For Use: Apply Diaper Rash Cream on rashes and around the area where the diaper’s edges rub against the baby’s skin.
Pack Size Available: 20g and 50g
Cost: 60 Rs and 94 Rs respectively
10. Himalaya Gentle Baby Wipes
To complete the baby’s hygiene routine, Himalaya has come up with a healthy pack of gentle baby wipes that have a scent of Indian Lotus extracts and the antimicrobial attributes of the Aloe Vera. Both help in keeping the baby’s skin nourished, rejuvenated, and soft. It is a reliable product and can be used to safeguard the baby from any external skin problems.
Key Ingredients: Aloe Vera and Indian Lotus extracts
- Alcohol-free superior wipes to gently cleanse baby’s skin
- Enriched with the goodness of Himalaya Baby Lotion
- Mild enough to soothe baby’s bottoms during a diaper change.
- The natural ingredients ensure that the baby remains bacteria-free throughout the day.
- Free from Alcohol, Silicones, and Lanolin
- Moisturizes and soothes baby’s skin
- Protects skin from infection
Directions For Use: Gentle Baby Wipes are used to clean the baby’s bottom during a diaper change.
Pack Size Available: Packs of 12s, 24s, 48s, and 72s
Cost: Rs 44, Rs 79, Rs 135, Rs 184 respectively
Himalaya has a wide variety of baby products suiting all the needs and covering every aspect of baby’s hygiene so that the baby’s skin can remain softer, nourished, and promote the growth and development of the baby naturally. These products will surely be useful to keep the baby’s skin glow and gentle.