Written by Smita Srivastava
For as long as we can remember, riddles have been an interesting way to put our boredom to rest. Through the ages, they have been a means of amusement and entertainment, while also fostering analytical thinking. ‘What Am I?’ riddles are a common type of riddles which are fun to solve and are at times funny too. Kids may have a lot of fun while solving these puzzles. This post will discuss the top 20 ‘What Am I’ riddles that are sure to keep kids interested and give their brains a workout.
Riddles are a great way to improve cognitive abilities, including flexibility, lateral thinking, and analytical reasoning, by forcing one to think outside the box to figure out the solution. They help kids develop their imagination and creativity by getting them to think beyond the obvious. Get, set to exercise your brain with these top 20 ‘What Am I’ riddles.
Is your brain ready to work on some challenging riddles? If you’re looking for something to do with your kids, these riddles are a good way to enjoy some time together.
1. I have many keys, but none of them work in the locks. What am I?
Answer: A piano
2. I don’t need wings to fly. I don’t even need to close my eyes to cry. The night follows me everywhere I go. What am I?
Answer: A cloud
3. A mine is where I come from. Trapped in a wooden case, never to be freed, yet almost every person needs me. What am I?
Answer: A pencil
4. You have to break me before I can be used. What am I?
Answer. An egg
5. I’m hot and I live in the sky. I am very bright and I disappear at night. What am I?
Answer: The sun
6. Eating helps me live, but if I drink I die. What am I?
7. I have great height when I’m young, but as I age, my height shortens. What am I?
Answer: A candle
8. My head isn’t attached to my neck. I have a body but no arms to go with it. My body only has a back, I lack legs. What am I?
Answer: A bottle
9. I am the end of time and space and the beginning of the end. I am essential to the universe and spread everywhere. What am I?
Answer: The letter “e”
10. Every time I bathe, I grow smaller. What am I?
11. Various colors bring out my natural beauty. You can choose me since I have a pleasant smell. If you remember to water me regularly, I should live for quite some time. What am I?
Answer: A flower
12. I become wet when drying. Cleaning makes me dirty. What am I?
Answer: A towel
13. I take the beginning of my name from the name of another insect. I am also an insect. What am I?
14. I’m mostly red, but I also have green and yellow sides. What am I?
Answer: An apple
15. I am blind, but I have one eye. What am I?
Answer: A needle
16. You can quickly catch me, but you won’t be able to throw me. What am I?
17. I am not your brother, but you are mine. Who am I?
Answer: Your sister
18. I do not have eyes, but I have a face. I do not have arms, but I have hands. What am I?
Answer: A clock
19. I’m fuzzy and hairy all the way through. I’m the type of pet that refuses to get off the floor. What am I?
20. I’m only able to run, not walk. You follow me around everywhere I go. What am I?
The top 20 ‘What Am I’ riddles listed in this post are a fantastic way to get kids thinking critically and encourage them to come up with original answers. Kids can play these puzzles independently or in a group setting, which will encourage teamwork. Working out on these riddles will also help them to think creatively, expand their vocabulary, and inculcate problem-solving skills. If you’re looking for an entertaining and instructive way to occupy a group of kids, try out these riddles.
Read Also: Maths Riddles for Kids
With a background in Mass media and journalism, Smita comes with rich and vast experience in content creation, curation, and editing. As a mom of a baby girl, she is an excellent candidate for writing and editing parenting and pregnancy content. The content she writes and edits is influenced by her own journey through pregnancy and motherhood. When not writing- She can be found curled up with a book. Or, bingeing on Netflix.Read more.
Fragile X Syndrome in Children
135 Best Thought of The Day Quotes For Kids in English
Slapped Cheek Syndrome(Fifth Disease) in Children – What is it, Symptoms and Tips to Prevent
Parallel Parenting – Pros and Cons
Top 10 Hilarious Grandpa Jokes For Kids
Top 10 Best Audiobooks For Kids Between 4-6 Years