Body grooming is an essential part of everyday life for any person. Before going out to do their daily business, people from all walks in life perform some sort of ritual that varies from complicated to simply sprinkling a bit of water to the face before starting the day. Body grooming is usually objective and varies from person to person. However, here we talk about grooming for men and, in particular, single fathers.
While some may frown and ask, “what’s the difference?” Men are men – single or no, dad or not – you are not wrong. But when you are a single dad and ready to mingle, the grooming that applies can be a bit more than your regular landscaping. So here is our body grooming guide for single fathers out there, whether you are out dating, or simply want to feel good about yourself.
Better hygiene equals a healthier outlook in life, and along with these are increased confidence and higher self-esteem. Making sure you are neat and tidy will guarantee that solid first impression that is always handy when meeting people for the first time, business or otherwise. Hygiene, especially at our present time, is a prime consideration.
How to Groom Different Parts of Your Body
Body grooming is already essential and necessary for a man. Still, for single fathers, a grooming routine maybe even more important for reasons that being a single parent can put more stress than it entails typically for a couple rearing a child. For one, the burden of a recent breakup, a divorce, or death can be hard to take in. Grooming can be that one activity that will make challenges for such a person to soldier on through life after separation with a partner, however that may have happened.
Below are comprehensive yet straightforward guides for grooming specific parts of your body. Say what you want to say, but there is the correct way, and then there are the wrong ways. Furthermore, grooming habits and traditions, so to speak, continue to be passed on from father to son – single dad or no. Save yourself the trial and error and read on.
Your face is what most people would see first, and so we cannot stress how crucial correct grooming is in this area of your body. Other people’s perception of you is directly proportional when they see how well prepared you are for a particular encounter.
- Brows – The brows have particular functionality wherein they prevent debris, sweat, or water from sliding down from the top of your head to your eyes. Your eyebrows are also among the most effective means of communicating how you feel, such as anger, tenderness, surprise, and happiness. The correct way is just to make them less dense and take care of any stragglers before they get out of control. A combination of tweezers and scissors will do the trick nicely and not make it look overdone.
- Ears – Increased hair growth is a common occurrence when men age, and you can trim them yourself with scissors specific to facial hairs or take yourself down to a local barbershop to have them trimmed right off.
- Nose – Much like the ear, nose hair can also grow profusely as men age. They serve an essential function mind you but make sure they stay on the inside of the nose where they act as filters. Grooming the nose hair means taking care of stragglers with the same blunted scissors made for such. There are manual trimmers and electrical ones. Both have their advantages, scissors being more accurate, and the electric shavers being safer.
- Beard – Beards come in many shapes and sizes and usually works for almost anyone, provided they are properly groomed. Beards can be quite the dirt magnet and an unkempt one even more so. Growing out a beard doesn’t mean you let it all out, so invest in a quality trimmer to keep stragglers in check as well as maintaining it with beard oils and the best beard balm. Wash your beard regularly, as the skin underneath your beard also needs care.
Your torso also has its share of hair to be maintained and manscaped according to need and your preference.
- Chest – Chest hair does not need to be eradicated unless you prefer it. Same with most natural hair growth, chest hair needs to be trimmed at regular intervals. Some trimmers are made specifically for body hair, and all have ‘guards’ that leave some hair just flat enough to fold to your chest and not become prickly.
- Back – The back is a bit tricky for single dads, as they usually require the help of a partner. Back hair falls low into the attractiveness department, and we recommend you remove it. You can use trimmers or hair removal creams with a partner, or get yourself to a waxing salon.
- Arms – Arm hairs are usually fine, but if you prefer to trim them down, use a trimmer with a hair guard to make it still look as natural as possible.
- Pubic hair – This area is a no brainer for singles, dad or not. For a particularly dense bush, make sure that you trim them down first with a clipper, and working down to the level where you are okay. From here you can opt for a wet shave for a smooth look, just be extra careful as this area is prone to nicks and cuts.
- Pits – No, do not shave your armpit hairs entirely, but trimming this part now and then scores points in the hygiene department. Keeping it short is relatively easy, as it is an accessible area with a trimmer.
From the Waist Down
A single dad can benefit from being groomed in this area, but there are some specific instructions here for your safety.
- Balls – Your testicles are super sensitive and be extra careful when using a groomer. After that, use a high-quality wet razor for a close shave. Make sure you do it with warm water involved so that its loose, making it easier to stretch the skin when shaving.
- Butt – You can use a groomer with a guard here and work down to your preferred length. This is by far the safest way to having an almost entirely hairless butt without cutting yourself.
- Legs – You can use a trimmer and pretty much the same way you would trim your arm hair. Use a guard to ensure you leave enough hair that still looks natural.
Body grooming, both for single dads and everyone else, go beyond merely looking good. Today’s world even puts more emphasis on hygiene aside from looking neat, and proper grooming can deliver that for you. Now that you have that idea of adequately caring for the parts that need them, prepare for an infinitely fresher and more confident you.