Written by Pradeep
Upon the arrival of your little one, the most important decision arises regarding the nutritional choice for your baby. Many mothers have to make a decision between formula feed and breastfeed depending upon their lifestyle, health factors, timings etc. But experts have emphasized that babies should be exclusively breast fed for the first 6 months. The importance of breastfeeding is not only important for the baby alone, but mothers too have many benefits out of it.
Here are some benefits of breastfeeding for the baby:-
– It creates special bonding between the mother and the baby. The baby develops comfort level with the mother. It helps in building up a strong emotional bond.
– The breast milk contains all the nutrition that a baby needs. The milk produced in early days just after the delivery is called as colostrum and is also known as liquid gold. It is a thick yellow milk and contains rich nutrients and antibodies that protect the baby. It helps in the development of baby’s heart, brain and nervous system.
– The mother’s milk has right amount of fat, sugar, protein and other such important nutrients which helps in the growth of the baby. It is perfect and light for the baby to digest this milk instead of formula milk. It is a perfect food for your baby. And prevents the chances of constipation that is generally caused by formula milk.i
– The breast milk fights all sorts of diseases and makes the immunity of the baby stronger. Mother’s milk contains many antibiotic bodies that provide the baby with immunity against childhood diseases like asthma, obesity, diabetes and some childhood cancers.
– Mother’s milk contains a good percentage of protein which is necessary for body’s growth and repairs damaged tissues. Babies tend to have fever after vaccination, but if properly breastfed, the healing is faster.
– Researchers have proved that breastfed babies show higher IQ than babies who are given formula milk.
Benefits for mother:-
– Breastfeeding right after delivery helps in stopping any bleeding and also restores the uterus into its normal size
– It reduces the rate of being exposed to breast, uterus and ovarian cancer and also reduces the exposure of some other diseases like arthritis, anemia and diabetes.
– Breastfeeding burns calories. It may make it easier to lose weight and get you back in shape. While feeding, extra fat are consumed in energy and the more you opt for breastfeed, the more calories you would be able to burn.
– Breastfeeding provides the mother with feeling of love, tranquility and self-confidence.
– It is also a natural means of giving time and space between two pregnancies. The mother regains her full body strength during the breastfeeding period and before the next pregnancy.
– It is convenient and hygienic as compared to formula milk given through bottles that need sterilizing and getting the right temperature.
The mother’s milk is always clean, ready and easy to prepare and costs nothing at all. It is the perfect food for your baby. Doctors generally promote breastfeed over formula milk because to these factors.
Is it Safe to Cook or Heat Baby Food in a Microwave?
Babies Pulling Ears – Is it Normal, Causes and Treatment
Tuna For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits and Precautions
Radish For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits, and Precautions
Baby Sneezing – Causes, Symptoms and Prevention
Green Beans For Babies – When to Introduce, Benefits and Precautions