At times, it is nice to re-live your childhood. In this hectic lifestyle, we often move away from our actual selves. We lose the little boy or the girl inside us. You cannot identify your little self with the matured one now. This is a grave tragedy of life. We lose ourselves while trying to become someone else. Only the memories of childhood stay vaguely. Some people may not even remember their childhood because of their life’s struggle. But, when you tell your kids the stories which your mom or dad used to say to you at bedtime, you become nostalgic. You are bound to have this feeling. There are some classic bedtime stories that parents are narrating to their kids for so many years.
As a parent now, you should also do the same thing. Some stories could be written in the modern days, but the essence of the story makes it a classic. Similarly, some stories are getting narrated by parents for so many years. They are the classics that you should tell your kids. Therefore, in this article, let’s discuss some Bedtime Stories For Kids, which are now classics.
Why Tell Classic Bedtime Stories For Kids To Your Children?
Listening to bedtime stories is a fun activity for kids. They enjoy doing this. Therefore, as a parent, you should narrate them such bedtime stories, which are now classics. Here are some of the reasons as to why you should do that.
- Teach Good Lessons: The classic bedtime stories have one thing in common, and that is, they are filled with life lessons. As you tell your kids these stories, he or she will invariably learn these lessons and replicate it in their life.
- Relive Your Childhood With Your Child: It is fun to narrate stories about your childhood to your children. Parents often do that when they narrate Classic Bedtime Stories For Kids to their children. You will also re-live your childhood with your child while telling these stories.
- Spending Good Times With Your Child: As every child loves to hear stories, it is a fun thing to narrate such stories to your child. Therefore, when you tell bedtime stories to your child, you will surely love the time you spend with him.
- Help Your Child To Sleep: Bedtimes stories can help your child to doze off. If your child struggles to sleep at night after going to bed, narrating some Funny Bedtime Stories For Kids can be an excellent way of facilitating his sleep.
Classic Bedtime Stories For Kids You Can Tell Your Child
There are so many bedtime stories that are eligible to be deemed as classics. Selecting a few of them is a challenging job. However, we have compiled some of the bedtimes that your kid might love to hear at bedtime.
1. Interrupting Chicken
This book narrates the story of a genuinely interrupting chicken. The chicken is very much eager to finish the story that its father is narrating. But, because of its eagerness, it is interrupting its father every time and making the father more and more annoyed.
- Written By: David Ezra Stein
- Ratings: 2/5
- Year of Publishing: 2010
2. Skippyjon Jones
This book has a story of a naughty cat that has large ears that make the appearance much like a chihuahua dog. The story revolves around the wild adventure and imagination of this cat. It is a nice story to narrate to your child during bedtime.
- Written By: Judith Byron Schachner
- Ratings: 2/5
- Year of Publishing: 2001
3. I’m Bored
This story is about a little girl who is getting bored. She keeps grumbling about being bored. Then the child meets potato, and her boredom becomes fun. The story teaches children what they can do, even when they are bored. It is one of the best Short Bedtime Stories For Kids because of this simple but strong message.
- Written By: Michael Ian Black
- Ratings: 2/5
- Year of Publishing: 2012
4. The Book With No Pictures
This book is a craft of intelligence by its writer B.J. Novak. This book has no picture. Even after that, this book is very fun to read because of the unusual words the author uses that compel the readers to make funny noises. It is surely a funny bedtime storybook that you can narrate to your child.
- Written By: J. Novak
- Ratings: 4/5
- Year of Publishing: 2014
5. Charlie Cook’s Favorite Book
This is a very popular bedtime storybook that children love to read and listen to. This book tells about the stories that the characters in this book like. It also narrates many adventurous things, such as finding treasure and opening various boxes. Your kid will surely love to hear these stories.
- Written By: Julia Donaldson
- Ratings: 1/5
- Year of Publishing: 2005
6. Five-minute Stories
This book comprises more than 50 easy to read stories for bedtime. The stories are easy to read aloud in about five minutes. The book includes fabulous classics like Aladdin, Puss in Boots, The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Sleeping Beauty, Lion and mouse, Cinderella, Pinocchio, lion and the mouse, Rapunzel, The Three Little Pigs, and many more.
- Published By: Cottage Door Press
- Ratings: 9/5
- Year of Publishing: 2018
7. Classic Fairy Tales Vol 1
This book comprises a captivating collection of 10 of the best-loved fairy tales illustrated by Scott Gustafson, the award-winning author. He is the one who bagged the 2003 Chesley Award for Book Illustration. The stories are elegantly written in detail, which easily grabs the attention of a toddler. The book includes Snow White, Rumplestiltskin, The Frog Prince, Little Red Riding Hood, and Cinderella.
- Published By: Artisan
- Ratings: 5/5
- Year of Publishing: 2003
8. Aesop’s Fables
Aesop’s Fables is a legendary book. It is the work of a Greek storyteller, Aesop who was a slave as well. This book is a collection of stories which also has the teachings from Aesop. Almost everyone has heard the stories from Aesop’s Fables.
- Written By: Aesop
- Ratings: 4/5
- Year of Publishing: 1484 (first in English)
Finally, you can also get Free Bedtime Stories For Kids online and narrate them to your child. Telling these stories at bedtime is a very important thing for parents as it helps your child to become a better person and develop better habits. Therefore, you should look to tell your child such wonderful and classic bedtime stories which your child will love to hear.