Being infertile is the biggest curse for couples longing for a baby. This issue involves a lot of struggle and there are many treatments available on the market for the same still if you wish to go the natural way, then choosing red raspberry leaf is an ideal option.
It has been seen that many types of concoctions and herbal remedies have been found to be successful in curing many medical problems and similarly red raspberry leaves are known to boost the possibility of being pregnant. We shall now discuss what exactly are the red raspberry leaves, their properties, how they help in treating infertility issues, the right time and quantity of the tea, and the method of the preparation of the tea made from red raspberry leaves, and some tips.
In This Article
What Are Red Raspberry Leaves?
One could look at different ways to enhance the fertility levels without taking any help of the treatments available. Red raspberry, in this case, is a delicious answer and looks invigorating too. The leaves also are known by the name “Rubus Idaeus’ and is enriched with several medicinal properties. The leaves comprise of carotenoids, Vitamins, nutrients, and citric acid in large quantities. The main properties of raspberry leaves are:
- Natural stimulant
- Astringent, bring about a contraction of skin cells and other body tissues (cosmetic property)
- The hemostatic property helps to stop bleeding
- The antispasmodic property helps to prevent muscle spasms
What Are The Medical Use Of Red Raspberry Leaves?
Red raspberry leaves are rich in carotenoids, citric acid, tannins, minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and silica, and Vitamins like vitamin A, B complex, C, and E. The medical use of this leaf is as under:
- It Helps To Keep The Body Cool: In case one has a high body temperature, using the leaves can help to bring down the temperature.
- It Helps To Boost The Health Of The Uterus Or The Womb: The leaves comprise of a substance that helps to tone the uterus and pelvic muscles. Having better womb health will obviously bring down the odds of abortion.
- It Benefits The Haemorrhage: The leaves have toning properties that help to shrink or contract the internal as well as the external body tissues which in turn inhibits the excessive bleeding.
- It Helps To Treat Nausea: Morning sickness is one thing that annoys the expecting mothers. The Antiemetic property of red raspberry leaves can greatly help pregnant women in getting rid of morning sickness.
- It Helps To Stimulate Labor: The leaves are a great source to stimulate labor in the last few days of the pregnancy or even helpful at labor time.
How Does Red Raspberry Leaf Help Treat Fertility Problems?
The red raspberry leaf is a yummy herb that tastes very similar to tea. It is very popular since it is beneficial for pregnant women. There are a plethora of benefits that can be derived from red raspberry tea. It is also one of the most common drinks for the wellness of women. Let us now see how this helps in the treatment of fertility issues.
- It is known worldwide that red raspberry leaves offer a soothing effect on the muscles in the wall of the uterus. A strong uterine wall will bring down the chances of early miscarriages. Therefore, the consumption of raspberry leaves will help those women having fertility issues due to uterine weakness.
- An essential hormone for a healthy pregnancy is a progesterone and a tea prepared with these leaves help to boost progesterone level in the body.
- The astringent properties of red raspberry leaf help to stop heavy bleeding during periods.
- Being rich in vitamins and minerals it will boost the overall quality of eggs and sperms.
- In case you underwent uterine surgery to remove fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, or even surgery to correct uterine prolapse, the toning effect of raspberry leaves will promote fast healing of the uterus.
When To Start Drinking Red Raspberry Tea For Boosting Fertility?
Red raspberry tea is even used to cure other ailments like diarrhea, digestive issues, and motion sickness but is most beneficial for the pregnancy and the reproductive system of the women. It is a tea that is related to the “womb betterment as well.
Let us have a sneak peek to see how it helps to boost fertility.
- It is important to know that the red raspberry tea has a very strong aroma and even helps to boost the fertility levels
- This tea should ideally be consumed before the beginning of the ovulation period and throughout the whole time.
- The tea can be consumed either hot or cold
How Much Red Raspberry Tea To Consume In A Day?
Red raspberry tea is enriched with vitamins, potassium, iron, and magnesium and is even known to be a good healer for cramping in the legs and to boost sleep as well. Due to the presence of stringent characteristics, it even helps to soothe the body and even helps to detoxify, and can be used for sunburns, rashes, and other skin ailments as well. Let us now see what the recommended consumption of this tea daily is.
- To boost your fertility, it is advisable to take a maximum of three cups of raspberry leaf tea per day. On the other hand, once conceived, the intake should be reduced to about two cups or less during the initial two trimesters.
- The intake can then be increased again to three cups in the last trimester. This tea works wonders since it helps to prepare the body for delivery as well as labor.
How To Prepare Red Raspberry Tea?
Red raspberry tea is commonly used during pregnancy as well as for toning the uterine walls. This tea is even used post the delivery for boosting milk production and even to reduce bleeding. This can be brewed in both hot and cold forms. This can be obtained in loose bags as well as tea bags. It has a mild flavor so one can enjoy it in different ways as per the likes.
Let us now see the process of preparing it.
- Take about 10 pieces of red raspberry leaves, about 2-4 fresh mint leaves, and about 2-4 alfalfa leaves and add them to a pot that has boiling water.
- Strain the tea and pour the extract, to which honey can be added.
- This tea helps to cure medical ailments.
Red raspberry leaves are nutrient-rich and an ideal choice for pregnant women. They look appealing and have a strong aroma as well. The tea is quite yummy, yet, there are some tips that one must adhere to and they are as below:
- It might result in diarrhea as well as morning sickness.
- This could end up in miscarriages in case the tea is consumed in the initial stages of pregnancy.
- The red raspberry leaves might comprise bugs and insects that could result in fatal complexities.
- The consumption of red raspberry leaves is not an ideal choice for ones who are already on medications like theophylline etc.
Thus, it can be said that red raspberry leaves are the tastier bet for fighting fertility problems. And can be added as a tea or can be even added to the diet. So, it is advisable to always seek medical recommendations before taking it so that she is safe and healthy.