There is no argument about the fact that giving birth is a unique experience and being a woman makes you blessed to carry out this wonderful responsibility of nurturing life inside you. Anyhow this makes all moms to be extremely conscious of their diet and they begin to think twice about everything they eat.
- Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
- Benefits Of Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
- How Many Bananas A Day Can I Consume During Pregnancy?
- Precautions When Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
- Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
Every woman knows the importance of fruits and veggies during this period for proper growth of your baby growing inside you. However, you are apprehensive about what is best for you and what may harm your baby. Bananas are one fruit which you would love eating, but want to ensure they are good for you. Bananas are packed with potassium, calcium and a lot of other required nutrients become an excellent supplement to have during your pregnancy period. As long as you do not suffer from any banana related allergies, it would be a wise choice to include bananas as a part of your daily diet.
Benefits Of Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
Read on to understand clearly the benefits of eating bananas while you are pregnant.
- Bananas are packed with folic acid: Folic acid is extremely important during your pregnancy period for proper development of brain, spinal cord and nerves of the little baby growing inside you. And bananas have lots of folic acid that is easily absorbable, which makes them an excellent choice of fruit to eat while you are carrying
- Rich in iron: Loaded with iron bananas can help to combat pregnancy anemia which can trigger unpleasant complications during the last stages of your pregnancy. A drop in your iron levels must be immediately rectified with a proper diet rich in iron and necessary medications and bananas are an ideal supplement to help you hike up your iron levels
- Helps to relieve constipation symptoms: Constipation is one of the most common issues which most pregnant ladies experience. Bananas contain plenty of fiber which is helpful to combat constipation enabling bowel movements which are smooth and easy for you during this period
- Excellent source of calcium: As mentioned before, bananas are packed with calcium which is vital for the bone development of your baby. This makes another reason for you to have bananas daily while you are pregnant
- Excellent antioxidant: Bananas also contain lots of Vitamin C too which is an excellent antioxidant which helps to boost up your immunity system making it beneficial for your baby growing inside too
- Promotes growth of blood cells: This wonderful fruit also contains vitamin B 6 which plays the role of a neurotransmitter. They also help to hike the growth of red blood cells in your body
- Wonderful source of protein for body building too: Proteins are also found in plenty in bananas. So by eating enough bananas, you can hike up your protein intake
- Helps to combat nausea: Feeling nauseous or sick in the morning is one of the most common problems which majority of the pregnant women experience during the first three months of their pregnancy. Having bananas on a daily basis during these months has been found to help moms to be to combat their early morning sickness to an extent
- Great booster of energy: Bananas are proven to be an excellent source of energy and that too instantaneous energy. Since a banana has glucose, sucrose and fructose, they help to provide immediate energy for any person who has it. This comes in extremely useful for moms to be who feel tired very often
- Good for the hunger pangs: Loaded with good carbohydrates, they are quite filling when you eat them and are any day better than reaching out for those chocolates or chips that you normally feel like eating when you feel hungry. So have a banana instead the next time you feel hungry during this pregnancy period
- Helps to control cholesterol and blood sugar levels: Maintenance of proper blood sugar and cholesterol levels is extremely important during your pregnancy period. This becomes a necessity if you happen to be a victim of gestational diabetes. Bananas can help to maintain these levels during this crucial period
- An excellent stress buster: Although not many people are aware of the special quality of this wonderful fruit, this is found to be true. They are ideal to help you lower your stress and anxiety especially during this pregnancy period where you experience all kinds of apprehensions and tensions
How Many Bananas A Day Can I Consume During Pregnancy?
Since all the above mentioned positive points about bananas would have cleared your doubt about whether bananas are safe for moms to be, the next question that arises is how many you need to have on a daily basis. The research recommends that it would be perfect to consume around two to three bananas every day, which will help you to meet all your nutritional requirements to an extent. However, it would be good to ask your doctor about having bananas as he is the best person who knows suits you best in your pregnancy period.
Precautions When Eating Bananas During Pregnancy
Bananas contain chitinase, a major allergen that is found in fruits containing latex. Hence, if you have been found to be allergic to any fruit containing latex like kiwi, avocados and chestnuts. Do exercise caution in such a case.